For the past three days my browser has been closing down on its own. Has anyone else had this happen? Tonight I had the browser open and I was using the newest facebook app at the same time and not only did it close the browser but also closed the facebook app as well. It actually happened three times in a row and I did not swipe in any directions when this happened. I am just wondering if it is just me or has it happened to anyone else?
    07-31-11 10:55 PM
    maybe it ran out of ram and shut down apps, it has been doing it for me aswell even with 400mb of ram hmmmmmm interesting

edit: if it happens again just reboot the pb, when this happened when was the last time u restarted it?
    07-31-11 11:03 PM
    Could; I think be happening when you've way too many apps and|or pages open. Memory overload.
    07-31-11 11:03 PM
    maybe it ran out of ram and shut down apps, it has been doing it for me aswell even with 400mb of ram hmmmmmm interesting

edit: if it happens again just reboot the pb, when this happened when was the last time u restarted it?
    is 400mb a lot? I'm not running any apps at all right now, an I'm at 387.2mb of ram.
    07-31-11 11:07 PM
    is 400mb a lot? I'm not running any apps at all right now, an I'm at 387.2mb of ram.

really? :s try rebooting it, at startup i have around 656mb and after using it for a while then closing all the apps its around 640mb so i think it caches qpp data a bit
    07-31-11 11:13 PM
    really? :s try rebooting it, at startup i have around 656mb and after using it for a while then closing all the apps its around 640mb so i think it caches qpp data a bit
    Yea, really. Im at 356 now, with another tab open on the browser. I too niticed that after the last update, my browser has been crashing at least once a day.

im gonna reboot and see what happends.

thanks for the reply, Auto
    07-31-11 11:37 PM
    no problem, let me know how it turns out!
    07-31-11 11:41 PM
    Well, I just rebooted. Before I launched the Browser it was at 617mb, now with the Browser open and logged in to CB, its at 515.8mb. Better the then 387.lol
    07-31-11 11:45 PM
    yeah you should reboot it whenever you start to see it dropping down low, it must keep an active cache of the previously opened apps (if that made any sense)
    07-31-11 11:54 PM
    It closes on my pb from time to time. Very annoying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-11 07:02 AM
    Do you have the Android Player installed even if it is not open?
    08-01-11 07:05 AM
    Since this last update, it has crashed on me, or stopped loading pages, like a stub on child..it just refuses..

Hope they fix soon..
    08-01-11 07:10 AM
    yeah lawguyman, does it run in the background?
    08-01-11 08:38 AM
    yeah lawguyman, does it run in the background?
    I think that if you open it and then close it, it continues to be present in some ways. If you reboot, it goes away. This is why it takes so much longer to open the first time following each reboot and opens faster each additional time.

I am not positive about this but it makes sense.
    08-01-11 08:43 AM
    true, i think that every app caches a bit into the ram, because at start up it has lets say 650nb, then using apps for 1 hour, then closing them it drops to around 620mb
    08-01-11 08:50 AM
    After clearing the cache, cookies, local storage, etc from my browser and rebooting, I haven't had this problem again.
    08-01-11 09:35 AM
    I have seen it happen, to many tabs opened just as suggested it is a memory issue, most of us do not reboot which allows the machine time to recheck & reset, most of us reboot every night by sleeping, same scenario.
    08-01-11 09:43 AM
    After clearing the cache, cookies, local storage, etc from my browser and rebooting, I haven't had this problem again.

This is the fix for the problem. You have to clear your browser cache, cookies, temp files, etc and the browser will stop crashing (until it's needed again). I discovered this probably a month after buying my PB and every time my browser closes I don't even have to reboot anymore, I just clear that stuff out and i'm good to go.
    08-01-11 10:07 AM
    My browser also closes from time to time at completely random intervals. One time the browser crashed the moment i started it up and i wasen't running any other apps at the time. I always check my memory and i had crashes occur even when i was in the 550 ish mb range. Quite annoying really, i hope it's not a hardware problem on my end.
    08-01-11 10:22 AM
    When you browse a lot of flash content like youtube etc. the browser hangs and shuts down automatically. This happens a lot if your Wi-fi signals are very low.
    08-01-11 02:06 PM
    This is the fix for the problem. You have to clear your browser cache, cookies, temp files, etc and the browser will stop crashing (until it's needed again). I discovered this probably a month after buying my PB and every time my browser closes I don't even have to reboot anymore, I just clear that stuff out and i'm good to go.
    This definitely works I've been doing the same. If you don't need flash turn it off. Most website have flash content.
    08-01-11 02:12 PM
    Android player?!?! My PlayBook keeps doing this as well and it's like every 3 minutes
    02-07-14 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD