my browser has stopped working properly, this afternoon i was browsing the web when the next page refused to load.
    the blue progress bar gets about 1" from the centre of the screen and then stops.
    no amount of closing page or browser gets it working, the only way i can get it to work again is to do a pb reset but then i can only load 1 page and then the same problem is back.

ive also tried changing the default page from bring to google with no effect.

seems like the browser is corrupt!

great start to a 5 day old playbook.
    12-29-11 12:29 PM
    reset the playbook?

clear your history and cache?

great start to learning how to use a playbook
    12-29-11 12:33 PM
    Just restart/reset my router and modem and everything fix.
    12-29-11 12:35 PM
    ok thanks, ill give some of those things a try!
    12-29-11 01:09 PM
    clear all the caches ect in the browser settings and all appears to be working ok gain which leads me to wonder what happened?
    am i going to have to do these every few days ?
    12-29-11 03:07 PM
    clear all the caches ect in the browser settings and all appears to be working ok gain which leads me to wonder what happened?
    am i going to have to do these every few days ?
    Perhaps you will.

I am not sure if anyone knows exactly what kind of browser data or flash/javascript overwhelms the browser but it happens periodically.

I rarely get what you had happen but I do get what I call browser-implosions - suddenly the browser disappears and closes. It reopens and works fine so I don't think the cache/history is involved but who knows.....
    12-29-11 04:36 PM
    I found facebook no longer works in OS2 standard browser, was working up till a few days ago. anyway the facebook app works, and I use simplebrowser when I need the full experience (lists). I did the usual, resets, clear cache but it seems facebook must have done something. The message I get is 'network error'
    12-29-11 04:40 PM
    I have had the browser stop working. Normally it turns out to be a WiFi issue. Either others using the same channel or the signal gets to weak. The next time it happends. close the browser (if it did not close itself) and tap the gear, tap WiFi, and see how the signal is. Also like any computer, it never hurts to do a little cleaning of history, cashe, and cookies. Just swipe down when the browser is open tap options, privacy and tap clear.
    12-29-11 04:46 PM
    I must agree with F2 on this one. There are times that the browser will simply refuse to behave, no aparent reason...
    12-29-11 07:22 PM
    its been a few days since it started playing up but it is now happening all the time, i was just browsing crackberry site and after 20 minutes or so it happened again.
    i go to click a link or select a different thread and the blue progress line gets about 1" from half way across and stops moving, page doesnt load.

however this time I cleared all the caches and all the other options on tbat page and the browser still refused to work.

it appears the only way to clear the problem is to select restart.

this is very annoying, I wonder if a firmware reload would fix it?
    01-01-12 07:14 AM
    just an update, after several calls from blackberry help desk, although I felt they were excellent and called back exactly when they said they would I already had the answers and they agreed with the next step I sugested.

one of those sugestions was to change the channel on my router. I have a BT homehub3 and it uses whats called smart technology to determine which channel to use that is least affected by neighbouring equipment and changes ad-hoc as required.

I believe it was tbis auto switching that the playbook didnt like, since changing to a fixed channel I havent encountered any more problems.
    01-08-12 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD