Hello Everyone,

Longtime reader, new time poster. - i've been a Crackberry addict since about 2000, starting with a 7290, working my way upto a Torch via 8700>8800>8320>8120>8900>9000>9700.

I've been really excited about the playbook, ever since details about it were leaked on the internet many moon ago - and on launch day, i watched the various unboxing videos flying around, and watched Kevin Q for his..

as someone who really wants a playbook, it annoys me that everyone on your side of the pond is going out and buying them, reviewing them, unboxing them etc - then complaining about them, taking them back. - then coming on the internet and whining some more about them - worse, even comparing them to ipads !?!

I've hunted hi-low to find a supplier in the US who wil sell me a playbook, and have it shipped over to the UK, but bestbuy and co wont

I belive a lot of the problems with playbook have simply been user error - how else do you explain lots of "im alright jack, and i love it" posts ??

I've been working at a manufactering company here in the UK as an IT Support engineer for the last 7 months, when i joined the company, i fought tooth and nail to get rid of the crappy nokia e-mail phones and bring in BlackBerry (nothing to do with the fact i have shares in RIM and Vodafone :-P) - now, we have all our execs, and sales staff powered by BlackBerry, everyone couldnt be happier.

i've been trying to stop the onslaught of ipads into the company, in favour of the playbook - but all i hear is "Ipad is available in the UK, playbook isnt, plus, havent you read the reviews online??" - forget, the fact playbook has flash support, and with bridge it will work with our existing infrastruture, (unlike the ipad)

so to all you "it doesnt work, im taking it back" people out there, stop doing it wrong ! - and "all we are saying........ is give playbook a chance"
    04-21-11 06:42 AM
    Yes, READ the on-line reviews! They deliver so much more than a real life ever could!
    04-21-11 06:57 AM
    im typing to you on the bus via my pb on the way to work.

this device is fantastic. os updates will only make this better. the people that are crying about small issues are insane imho. daily this device surprises me anyways love it. you wont be upset with your purchase.
    04-21-11 06:58 AM
    *When i can get one* :-\
    04-21-11 07:00 AM
    why not have someone you know here buy one an send it to you. all you would have to do is send them the money and trust that they are honest people to do it for you.
    04-21-11 07:08 AM
    I agree, I also feel there is a lot of user error. Like with any new device there is always going to be an adjustment phase. I love my playbook and I know if it will get better and better with time.

I agree with Mooda, find someone in the US to send it to you in the UK. Do you know anyone in the US or Canada?

I have also seen some on ebay for only a little markup. I saw a 32GB for $700 and a 64GB for $800 on ebay. I purchased a 64Gb in Illinois for $750 so some of thones are not huge markup like they do with the ipads.
    04-21-11 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD