Hi guys!

Been in the market for a tablet for awhile now but didn't want to pay a bomb for one! My mum in law had the ipad2 but the more I played on it the more I felt trapped by its stupidly restricted OS

Tbh I didn't even no about the playbook! But when my iphone broke I was on the look out for a new phone contract. But was sick of high cost contracts! Looked around and virgin Media offered the blackberry 3g with 500mb Internet 100 mind. Unlimited txts and unlimited virgin to virgin plus blackberry services free great deal all for �8.00!!!! So I got me and wife on so we could bbm

Never bad a bb before and was skeptical but there awesome! People should rly cut rim some slack! So since I was a bb lover that's when playbook hit my radar and I saw bb bridge which impressed me most it gave a tablet real meaning more than just an expensive toy! So I found this site a read everything on pb and was sold with the new o's! So I went to my local trade in store and bagged a mint condition pb 16gb for �150 never looked back since

Wanted to thank evrry1 here for commenting about the pb which sold it to me!

Just wish there more apps
    BlueNoserBESguy likes this.
    03-11-12 04:52 AM
    Welcome! It really is great isn't it. You'll find endless helpful info and people here.
    03-11-12 04:57 AM
    now buy a HDMI cable and fall in love all over again. welcome to the British Playbook owners club matey!
    03-11-12 05:03 AM
    Bagging a 16Gb Playbook second-hand in the UK for �150 isn't so great. They are brand new in Currys and PC World for �169. I got one two weeks ago.

Welcome to the club though
    03-11-12 05:59 AM
    Still 20 cheaper and comes refurbished with 12 month warrenty
    BlueNoserBESguy likes this.
    03-11-12 06:05 AM
    Glad youre making out well. I agree when you say people should cut RIM some slack... Apple seems to be taking a page out of the old RIM's book right now with incremental updates like the "new" (screen) ipad.

Its almost suspicious how my Google news feed, the moment something positive about RIM is posted or listed there, some firm or source makes up something negative about it and its plastered everywhere. Positive article shortly at the bottom of relevant choices.

I believed Kevin well over a year ago when he posted about smear campaigns against RIM. So this is a bit off topic but here goes:

I have noticed that to almost every negative article about RIM products or OS 2.0, that the general populous is replying and commenting on these articles in disagreement. Even on slightly biased sites like engadget. Yet they have done nothing to acknowledge the obvious influx of impressed PlayBook users or reviewers.

One article in particular, Roger Cheung (spelling?) of CNET wrote a horrible article titled "Sorry, the PlayBook still isnt worth your money" Then the day after the iPad event last week, he wrote an article about the new iPads toughest competition, and stated that the PlayBook was legitimate competition and that RIM really "paid attention to the details". This article never even made my Google news feed. Coincidence? Only RIM can find out I guess.

I wont even go on about the "Cartoon Superhero" fiasco. A blog post infographic that was posted on the internet once, weeks before, was mistaken as RIM's new ad strategy? Obvious is obvious, but people actually read and believe this sh*t . RIM: Investigate, and make public statements saying that theyre full of if you have to. A blog post saying it is "Not an ad campaign" is not enough, get Thorsten on there calling them out. Tim Cooke wasnt afraid to lie about chinese slave labor so you shouldn't be afraid to call bullsh*t on some paid smear artists publicly.

All i'm saying is that to some of us, being IT Professionals or otherwise, it is very very obvious that something is up here, and if anyone from RIM is reading, please investigate these types of articles more aggressively, take legal action for misinformation, do something. The American media needed a punching bag in the mobile industry and since Palm is gone, they switched to RIM.

My company requires s/mime encryption for all mobile users, and only BlackBerry can do that, but my director asked me if I wouldnt mind administering a Goodlink server so they can pilot a few iPhones. I agreed, and two weeks into the pilot, even the users wanted BlackBerry back. Reason: They couldn't get any work done on the road, not to mention the lackluster security.

Case in point, note to RIM: RIM, investigate these smear campaigns, come out with commercials with ATTITUDE (even borderline controversial, but take legal notes), showing the capabilities of the PlayBook. Now when I say this, I actually want to see them on television, not on youtube.

Lastly, Make BB10 the best mobile operating system possible with the technology we have today. There are a lot of people who are cheering for you, but perception is everything and your market dip is evidence of that........ even Best Buy employee's think they are experts by just assuming RIM products are inferior.

Don't just stand there, Be Bold.
    Last edited by BlueNoserBESguy; 03-11-12 at 06:55 AM.
    03-11-12 06:51 AM
    Sorry if this is OT but you really have to wonder where RIM's PR people are hiding ... because they sure aren't taking care of business!
    03-11-12 07:06 AM
    I've also just brought myself a PB & must admit what with living in the UK I've hardly seen any (if at all) adverts or promotions showcasing the PlayBook!! RIM's PR department should hang their heads in utter shame....
    JakePNEFC likes this.
    03-11-12 07:18 AM
    Brit bags playbook! More at 10.

LOL OP your title sounds like a news headline! Great job. Just be very careful if you use bridge to surf. You'll go thru 500mb in no time.
    haveusean likes this.
    03-11-12 07:26 AM
    Yes, slightly odd, the PB is selling pretty well in the UK - best thing around at the price.
    03-11-12 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD