CES: BlackBerry PlayBook (hands-on) - CES 2011 CNET Blogs

I dunno why it's so brief but it's an interesting look at higher performance apps finally running on a BB platform.
    01-06-11 12:02 AM
    nice find! what funny is quake was one of the first games i wanted to play on my incredible also. pretty cool to play stuff like that on phones and small tab like devices. I remember many years ago playing it.
    01-06-11 12:13 AM
    Nice! Yeah it's definitely cool to have the ability to do that.

Here's more I found from Engadgets review, although they beat the heck out of the Playbook. It almost looks like they're trying to exploit it lol.

BlackBerry PlayBook preview -- Engadget
    01-06-11 12:21 AM
    yeah i commented on the review in the other thread. That is good though. At this point we need to really see what it can do and where it lacks i think. No more scripted run thrus with the same video.
    01-06-11 12:23 AM
    Yeah. It sucks to see it bog down when all those apps are open....then again we're seeing a cpu/gpu intensive game running with a 1080p video...............then adding music.........then adding photos haha. Agreed though it's good to finally see some real usage. Surprised RIM didn't snatch that from him at that point.
    01-06-11 12:26 AM
    Nice makes me more excited to get one
    01-06-11 12:27 AM
    what worries me is they say they havent done battery optimization yet and are shooting for 8 hours when done. OK that is good but right now i would guess that means the processor is running hard and using all its got and is bogging a little. So once optimized for battery, the processor will probable hold back and not run as hard which could lead to lag a little. But its not finished and we dont know yet
    01-06-11 12:28 AM
    what worries me is they say they havent done battery optimization yet and are shooting for 8 hours when done. OK that is good but right now i would guess that means the processor is running hard and using all its got and is bogging a little. So once optimized for battery, the processor will probable hold back and not run as hard which could lead to lag a little. But its not finished and we dont know yet

Yeah. The Engadget image shows 93% with 4:05 hours left. I'd put that at 5 hours max at this point unless the expected time changed from the device being worked hard (which I doubt if Sheet To Go is only running). I hope they can get that 8 hours max out of it!
    01-06-11 12:36 AM
    Quake was designed for 2000-era computers with Pentium and Pentium 2 Processors running Windows 95/98 that typically had 64-128 MB RAM with a 16-32 MB Graphics card + slow hard drive/RAM.

A smartphone or Tablet can probably host a decent Quake server these days given the specs (comparatively speaking).
    01-07-11 08:46 AM

Yeah. The Engadget image shows 93% with 4:05 hours left. I'd put that at 5 hours max at this point unless the expected time changed from the device being worked hard (which I doubt if Sheet To Go is only running). I hope they can get that 8 hours max out of it!
    Nice find on that image! Been looking at the vids and images from CES to try to get a grip on the battery levels.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-11 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD