Got the playbook last night and ran into an interesting issue. I'm bridging to my Bold 9700 and I can't seem to access my messages. Contacts, Calendar etc all work fine, but for some reason messages doesn't work.

What's really strange is my playbook is picking up the number of emails I have and displaying them in the top left corner, but when I click on the bridge messages app, the app opens but that green circle just continues to spin.

Any thoughts? Am i missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance,
    04-21-11 06:22 PM
    having same problem. working the first time i used bridge. called support and they have not been able to help yet. they should be calling me back in the next few hours...........
    04-22-11 06:13 PM
    having the same problem here too. starting to really annoy me.
    04-25-11 03:18 PM
    I had a similar but not identical problem and an uninstall of the Bridge App from the SmartPhone and a reinstall from App World fixed the issue.
    04-25-11 03:31 PM
    i just disconnected the bridge from my phone, rebooted my playbook and re-connected bridge...seems to have been resolved for me.
    04-25-11 03:34 PM
    having the same problem here too. starting to really annoy me.
    try http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/bridge-fix-rim-608081/
    specifically unchecking all but data transfer under Bluetooth options>serial port profile

was able to fix a friends with the 404 error doing that. it may help, and if not it won't take long to try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 03:34 PM
    After over an hour on the phone with playbook support, they determined it was because I'm with at&t and them not supporting bb bridge. i downloaded bridge from the link on crackberry. i later deleted some messages off my torch (prior to 4/19 release date) and it fixed it. not sure if the old messages were the problem or just coincidence. worth a shot.
    04-25-11 09:31 PM
    I have the same problem and nothing is working. Anyone else got it fixed??? If so HOw??
    05-20-11 10:32 PM
    For some bridge seems to work fine, for others (like those in this thread and myself) it's buggy as ****.

I constantly seem to wind up in a similar state where messages won't open. A reboot of the Playbook often helps, though I have also tried turning off and on the bridge on my BB, several times removing and recreating the bridge connectin, and twice resolved it by uninstalling and reinstalling bridge on my blackberry.

Hopefully RIM is working on this and the bridge browsing issues. I love the device but without what I consider to be one of the core functions working in a reliable manner - the bridge functionality - the PB loses much of its luster for me.
    05-21-11 07:30 AM
    I have the same issue. I have gone through the process of deleting both the Bridge on the phone and wiping clean the playbook, re-installed everything. Nada. Twice; still no cigar.
    Called tech support infamous "tier 1" still could not find anyone intelligent enough to even acknowledge that this is a problem I had one support person dare tell me that: Oh! we are currently doing maintenance on the server" your bridge will be back soon.
    Wow! do you think people at RIM actually follow these issues seriously? The one reason for which some us bought this device and not the Ipad was the bridge capability. Turns out it is crap!
    05-21-11 04:39 PM
    It doesnt work for me!! I think it has something to do with the email on the BB phone as I cant go into email setup on the phone. I cant add or delete email accounts on the phone! Somehow that has something to do with it........
    05-22-11 10:59 AM
    I have the same trouble.
    Need I refresh the Bridge on my smartphone?
    08-15-11 07:10 AM
    This issue began this morning for me.

9850 Torch on Verizon - v7.0.0.374
    Playbook 64GB - 1.0.7.3312
    Blackberry Bridge - v1.0.7.4

Issue - From the Playbook, when I press Messages Icon, the screen is all white and flashes, with the green circle just spinning. No error message.

I deleted all but very minimal email.

1) Twice, I deleted the pairing from the handset and Playbook and repaired. I rebooted the Playbook each time - no effect.

2) I deleted the pairing, deleted Blackberry Bridge from the handset. Downloaded Blackberry Bridge Set up the pairing once again. Rebooted Playbook - No effect

All other functions of the Playbook are normal.

Someone posted that they had this issue when AT&T blocked use of BlackBerry Bridge. I wonder if something is going on with Verizon?
    11-09-11 03:31 PM
    Are other Bridge functions normal - can you see your calendar, memos and contacts?
    11-09-11 08:14 PM
    Got the playbook last night and ran into an interesting issue. I'm bridging to my Bold 9700 and I can't seem to access my messages. Contacts, Calendar etc all work fine, but for some reason messages doesn't work.

What's really strange is my playbook is picking up the number of emails I have and displaying them in the top left corner, but when I click on the bridge messages app, the app opens but that green circle just continues to spin.

Any thoughts? Am i missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance,
    I've seen it too. It persisted for a while last week then for no reason went away... haven't seen it since
    11-09-11 09:55 PM
    I resolved my issue but perhaps in a manner most would rather not choose.

I performed a security wipe of the Playbook and re-installed the current OS.

I did perform a full back up but since I had a minimal amount of apps and pics, music and videos are on my PC hard drive I just dragged and dropped everything as previous.

I was concerned that if I performed a restore from BB Desktop Manager I would reinstall the corrupted file. I didn't check to see if downloading BB Bridge to the Playbook was an option.

Everything good as new, and Mail was the only thing effected on my Playbook.

I did contact @blackberryhelp on Twitter but they couldn't figure it out and advised I contact BB Support.
    11-10-11 03:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD