I am just about ready to throw this thing out the window.

After the latest updates last week I can no longer open pdf attachments to emails. For me, this makes this thing just about useless.

I have completely wiped BOTH my PB and my 9700 and reinstalled everything, including the OS, from scratch.

I am on BES. When I get an email with a pdf attachment I can push the "tap to download" and it downloads.

After the download is complete, I then get a "Tap to open" but no matter how many times I "tap" "punch" or "gently caress" it, it does nothing. I get no reaction whatsoever.

RIM's latest updates have broken a very very useful function. Without the ability to open pdf documents my PB is really pretty useless to me. I am an attorney and I had been using this for work.

I'm very frustrated. Especially since I took all the time to completely wipe both devices (without adding any third party apps) just to confirm that this was strictly a RIM problem.

The pdf opens no problem on my 9700, but the whole reason I got the PB was so that I could actually read the pdf on a usable screen.

Color me very upset. Anyone with any other suggestions?
    Last edited by rbenjamin; 07-23-11 at 07:11 AM.
    07-23-11 07:03 AM
    you know with the last updated the only problem that i have is using the video... i can not see a movie because is get stock, but with the pdf thru bridge is working great
    07-23-11 07:54 AM
    I am a BES user and have no issues with downloading or viewing PDF attachments via Bridge.
    07-23-11 08:05 AM
    I am a BES user and have no issues with downloading or viewing PDF attachments via Bridge.
    Are you on the newest versions? PB OS 1.0.7.2670 and Bridge v.1.0.4.9

What BB are you using?

I have both installed with a completely clean os install on both my PB and my 9700. I can click to download the pdf, but it won't open.

The same thing happens with ALL attachments, not just PDF. It will download the attachment, but won't open the attachment or the program that should open the file.
    07-25-11 07:46 AM
    I have a the exact same issue. Working with RIM TS on this. It affects all attachments.
    07-25-11 09:16 AM
    I'm on second level RIM support with this now too. Fairly unimpressed with their mental capacity thus far. . .

UPDATE: and after 48 minutes on the phone, I am now being bumped up to third level support. It seems that this is an issue they know about and many people are similarly situated.
    Last edited by rbenjamin; 07-25-11 at 11:06 AM.
    07-25-11 10:32 AM
    OK. The problem has been identified and all stems from the new update breaking the link to the SD card on your phone.

In a BES environment email downloads are all downloaded onto the SD card, not the device memory. Something in the new update broke the bridge's ability to see the SD card. So, you can download the files, but the PB cannot see where they went after they are downloaded.

RIM says this is a known problem and they will be releasing a new update "soon" as the inability to open attachments for BES users (all businesses) is kinda a big deal.
    07-25-11 11:25 AM
    I have no problems with attachments on my Torch and PB.
    I am using Bridge 1.0.4.9 and PB with 1.0.7.2670
    07-25-11 03:07 PM
    Just to double check, I've downloaded a 2.98MB PDF and successfully opened it on my PB.
    07-25-11 03:22 PM
    No problem here too.I have torch and PB.I really like when I'm bridge and tried to download wallpaper on the browser and I have option whether to put it on PB or on my torch I love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-11 03:27 PM
    For those of you who say you can open pdfs without problem, please confirm that you are on BES and that you can also access your SD card through the Bridge Files.

Thanks.
    07-25-11 04:15 PM
    BES and I can access the SD via Bridge Files, have you encrypted your SD card and Media Files?
    07-25-11 05:10 PM
    Actually media encryption has nothing to do with it, I just tried with it enabled and disabled and I can still download and open files from my Torch.
    07-25-11 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD