Hi I've currently using a Curve 9300 (T-mobile).

For the last 10 days or so, I was able to get my bridge to work on PB w/ my $10 unlimited (Grandfathered) dataplan. Apparently today, I've just received that upsell to mobile hotspot plan.

Do anyone have a similar issue with T-mobile? Any solutions so far? Thanks.
    01-16-12 02:10 PM
    What do you mean about the upsell? Does your bridge browser no longer work?
    As far as I know ATT is the only carrier charging a tether fee for using the bridge browser. I don't think T-mobile could change this without an update to the bridge app.
    tonyron227 likes this.
    01-16-12 02:21 PM
    My Bridge browser on PB is basically limited to a very few website (FB, Google, Yahoo).

Most of the website got directly transferred to a website that ask me to upgrade my data plan to mobile hotspot.
    01-16-12 02:35 PM
    My Bridge browser on PB is basically limited to a very few website (FB, Google, Yahoo).

Most of the website got directly transferred to a website that ask me to upgrade my data plan to mobile hotspot.
    Try using the regular Browser.
    It works over Bridge for me.
    I'm also on T-Mobile.
    01-16-12 02:40 PM
    What do you mean about the upsell? Does your bridge browser no longer work?
    As far as I know ATT is the only carrier charging a tether fee for using the bridge browser. I don't think T-mobile could change this without an update to the bridge app.
    i thought there was a work around ATT charging to use bridge browser.....rroyy.com??
    01-16-12 03:03 PM
    Ive been using rroy.com's bridge since it has been available with no problems. I have ATT and the grandfathered unlimited plan and that hasn't changed since April!

Edit: btw, I use the bridge quite often for surfing the interwebs. Works very well with my 9860 and 4g if I might add...
    Last edited by emailthisaddress; 01-16-12 at 03:10 PM.
    ndon70 likes this.
    01-16-12 03:08 PM
    My carrier's T-Mobile, not AT&T.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with rroy's bridge as well, with no veil.
    01-16-12 03:09 PM
    As others have suggested, why not use the regular pb browser? As far as I know not having wifi hotspot shouldn't interfere with bridge capabilities since it uses your data plan, right?
    01-16-12 03:18 PM
    Do both browsers do the same thing?
    I wonder if they see an increased data rate and there is some automated system cutting you off. If T-mobile hasn't changed their policy a phone call should fix it. Tell them to knock it off. I'm curious to see if other T users experience the same thing.

MR.Turtle does your bridge browser do the same thing.
    01-16-12 03:19 PM
    My carrier's T-Mobile, not AT&T.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with rroy's bridge as well, with no veil.
    sorry to hijack your thread, i just need clarification on the att work around. hope your issue is resolved soon!!!!
    01-16-12 03:22 PM
    I haven't had this issue but I rarely use the bridge browser. I might have to investigate this tomorrow.
    01-16-12 03:25 PM
    Ever since they updated (not sure what release it was) the OS to use bridge for more than just the bridge browser, I haven't used the bridge browser since. With the bridge downloaded from rroyy.com I pair with my 9860 and use the regular browser, as it had all the non-mobile bookmarks.

Edit: What's great about it is that I can be reading some site on the road, walk inside the house where my wifi picks up, and continue reading/browsing the site without losing connectivity. I know this isn't that big of a deal to probably most, but it's a little feature that has come in handy a few times in the past.
    Last edited by emailthisaddress; 01-16-12 at 03:32 PM.
    tonyron227 likes this.
    01-16-12 03:27 PM
    @chunwilly: i have tmobile and am currently using the bridge browswer. i even turned the wifi off on my PB to check it out. What sites can you not go to?
    01-16-12 03:54 PM
    I have the T-Mobile unlimited 2GB plan and use bridge all the time without coming accross that messasge.
    01-16-12 04:05 PM
    Well, I currently have the $10 data plan (unlimited), which is usually for non-smart/entry-level smart phone. I tried both bridge and non-bridge browser. It worked fine for a very limited site, but did not work for fairly common site (ebay.com, slickdeals.net, youtube.com).

Is it because of my el-cheapo $10 data plan? or is it because of t-mobile bridge... is what I'm trying to find out , as well as whether there's any workaround.
    stillers2 and stillers2 like this.
    01-16-12 04:10 PM
    Hey Chunwilly, do you have BB service (BIS) through T-Mo? based on your last post, i'm wondering if maybe you have the old service that t-mo used to call t-zones (or something like that), which was only for feature phones and not smart-phones.

if you do decide to upgrade your data service, talk t-mobile into adding the BB service at the "preferred customer" rate of $20/month.
    01-16-12 04:42 PM
    I have to turn wifi off to use the regular browser when bridged. Is that normal?
    01-16-12 04:45 PM
    I have to turn wifi off to use the regular browser when bridged. Is that normal?
    Depends on what you mean. You should be able to browse on wifi using the regular browser while the bridge is active. If not, then something is wrong.

What exactly doesn't work the way it should?
    01-16-12 04:50 PM
    Well, I currently have the $10 data plan (unlimited), which is usually for non-smart/entry-level smart phone. I tried both bridge and non-bridge browser. It worked fine for a very limited site, but did not work for fairly common site (ebay.com, slickdeals.net, youtube.com).

Is it because of my el-cheapo $10 data plan? or is it because of t-mobile bridge... is what I'm trying to find out , as well as whether there's any workaround.
    You need to updgrade your data plan to include Blackberry internet service. A coworker had a similar issue and after changing his plan he was able to tether/bridge.
    01-16-12 04:59 PM
    I know that some T-Mo plans don't include BIS. For example, I can't get BIS on my current plan (100 minutes, unlimited data, unlimited text for $30/month) but I WOULD be able to get it on a $50 plan that has unlimited minutes and text, but very limited data. It's weird, and the rep telling me about the plans didn't really understand that rationale either.
    01-16-12 05:08 PM
    i have t mobile's 2gb unlimited plan and bridge browser works find. what i need is the 5gb plan, because i burns through 2 gigs to fast (watch too much youtube lol).
    01-16-12 05:12 PM
    sorry to hijack your thread, i just need clarification on the att work around. hope your issue is resolved soon!!!!
    Th Att work around is to download the blackberry bridge from rroyy.com/ota/ on your phone.
    ndon70 likes this.
    01-16-12 05:12 PM
    I have a $10 "el-cheapo" plan with 2GB high speed and unlimited slow speed from T-Mobile and all the sites that you mentioned work for me on Bridge. Pics attached!

It could be that your $10 plan doesn't include BIS... Just call T-Mo and tell them BLACKBERRY IS the S*%# and they'll have your BIS up and running in no time
    Last edited by Abrante; 01-16-12 at 05:29 PM.
    01-16-12 05:23 PM
    Hey Chunwilly, do you have BB service (BIS) through T-Mo? based on your last post, i'm wondering if maybe you have the old service that t-mo used to call t-zones (or something like that), which was only for feature phones and not smart-phones.

if you do decide to upgrade your data service, talk t-mobile into adding the BB service at the "preferred customer" rate of $20/month.
    Does the bridge service requires BIS? Just wanted to confirm with that.

I think the $10 plan is the web2go plan.
    Last edited by chunwilly; 01-16-12 at 06:14 PM.
    01-16-12 05:49 PM
    Does the bridge service requires BIS? Just wanted to confirm with that.

I would assume so... Keep in mind that if it didn't then any device with Bluetooth would be able to use the bridge service which would defeat the purpose of having a PlayBook and a BB phone. Plus, Bridge brings BBM and all other goodies that also require BIS to function properly.
    Last edited by Abrante; 01-16-12 at 06:03 PM.
    01-16-12 05:59 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD