Is it just me or does everyone experience inconsistent speeds with the bridge connection? Sometimes i'll be browsing and everything loads quick and smooth but at other times it will load the page half way and just stop dead in its tracks or load it very slowly. I thought that maybe it had to do with the wireless signal on my Torch, but that doesnt seem to have any correlation. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by BeLO; 11-01-11 at 11:06 AM.
    11-01-11 10:58 AM
    Is it just me or does everyone experience inconsistent speeds with the bridge connection? Sometimes i'll be browsing and everything loads quick and smooth but at other times it will load the page half way and just stop dead in its tracks or load it very slowly. I thought that maybe it had to do with the signan on my Torch, but that doesnt seem to have any correlation. Any thoughts?
    I trust the bridge connection depends on a variety of factors (to name a few)-

* the charge on your PB and BB
    * the distance between the devices
    * the internet traffic specific to the site you are trying to access

Taking the above variables into account you might see slow or fast connection. I hope this helps !
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    11-01-11 11:12 AM
    Are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with the signal your Torch has? Keep in mind that the bars on the screen aren't always a perfect indicator of the actual signal you have.

And I apologize in advance if that sounds condescending, just something to consider.
    11-01-11 11:14 AM
    Not sure my phone and playbook can be in the same place and it happens to me also.
    11-01-11 11:36 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I'm sure its not signal related because i always check and usually i'm sitting at mydesk at work for 9 hours at a time and I experience these issues. Could it have something to do with me using the workaround bridge for at&t users?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-11 12:04 PM
    Sometimes I think the slow bridge/tethering may be that the cell site you are on has lots of data users on it or just a low bandwidth connection to the internet.
    11-01-11 12:08 PM
    Sometimes I think the slow bridge/tethering may be that the cell site you are on has lots of data users on it or just a low bandwidth connection to the internet.
    That was also one of my theories, but when i switch over and start browsing on my 9800 the speed is perfectly normal. The slow speed is limited to my playbook bridge connection. I'm pretty much stumped on the issue.

11-01-11 12:30 PM
    i also experienced this on my playbook / 9900 combination. also on the 9800 i had previous to the 9900.

fact of the matter is, bridge seems to be still a work in progress.

nothing beats native PIM on a tablet.
    11-01-11 12:33 PM
    That was also one of my theories, but when i switch over and start browsing on my 9800 the speed is perfectly normal. The slow speed is limited to my playbook bridge connection. I'm pretty much stumped on the issue.

The phone browser would not be using flash which may be part of the problem too. Sites with a lot of flash on them can be slow unless on a fast wifi connection. For example, Crackberry.
    11-01-11 12:35 PM
    I experience this too, and often i find it has more to do with whatever the phone has going on at the same time... so the torch's processor has to split its time between feeding the playbook with data and, say, downloading a scheduled podcast.

11-01-11 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD