Hey guys Im not sure if anyone has noticed but when using the remote function with a playbook you can use it to control some games I tried it on machinarium (you can check on my website) and it totally worked, looks like any type of point and click game works. Its pretty cool cause once the new phones come out maybe they can implement controlling games. Playbook + BB10 phone+ HD tv = CONSOLE!!!!!!! well one can dream
    02-21-12 05:21 PM
    Except in reality the whole corporate world has shunned RIM and the Playbook. Amazon recently took away its video streaming services, which what service I used to use.

I mean is it too much to ask to get Netflix or Hulu? RIM should be jumping through hoops to get consumer content on its devices, it is just absurd that in 2012 every other major OS gets these apps/features but not RIM?

Don't get me wrong the OS update is awesome, probably my fav mobile OS, but without consumer content, it hurts the greatness of the OS. We finally got Angry Birds a little while ago, but you obviously cannot play it on a tv, the game is not designed that way.
    02-21-12 05:32 PM
    I hear you. We pretty much have to stay positive. Not much else we can do but be patient and hope people buy the tablet and new phones. Its all about the new phones really, when it comes down to developers being attracted people are much more likely to buy apps on a phone than a tablet. That what I realized when speaking to developers making apps for the iphone and ipad. As for the phone controlling games i do hope they start thinking about these things cause there are some games that are on the ipad that you can connect over airplay I believe so lets hope they start thinking about where things are heading. I only tried it on machinarium, angry birds and star front collision since thats a strategy game so i figured it might work but I dont think starfront has been updated/optimized for the 2.0 release. If you look at nintendo's up coming system they are pretty much giving you a tablet to use as control and to continue playing when your get kicked off the TV. Thats pretty much what tablets are going to be able to do although consoles have the better graphics for obvious reasons. BE POSITIVE!!!
    02-21-12 05:46 PM
    Unfortunately, some games don't work! (PvZ for one)
    02-21-12 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD