Since someone mentioned this thread in the new OS 2....(not BB10) thread, I thought I would add another reason I don't want less email features on Bridge:

Besides not wanting to lose Bridge email just because it is convenient, I would really miss that fact the MY Bridge email is filtered through BIS and so that only some email gets forwarded to my phone (and through Bridge, to my pb). So that while I was just in Europe, I was getting email on by phone filtered by BIS so only stuff from people I wanted to hear from while on vacation (with pricy data) were coming through and I did not have to download ALL using Native Email. BIS filters are terrific for limiting what I get on my phone and by Bridge-extension, on my pb.

I just get the feeling that Rim is NOT going to restore those features but I don't know that. Maybe I'm reading too much into the bb blog entry at:

Introducing BlackBerry Bridge v3.0 for BlackBerry 10 �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog
    02-13-13 02:58 PM
    Since someone mentioned this thread in the new OS 2....(not BB10) thread, I thought I would add another reason I don't want less email features on Bridge:

Besides not wanting to lose Bridge email just because it is convenient, I would really miss that fact the MY Bridge email is filtered through BIS and so that only some email gets forwarded to my phone (and through Bridge, to my pb). So that while I was just in Europe, I was getting email on by phone filtered by BIS so only stuff from people I wanted to hear from while on vacation (with pricy data) were coming through and I did not have to download ALL using Native Email. BIS filters are terrific for limiting what I get on my phone and by Bridge-extension, on my pb.

I just get the feeling that Rim is NOT going to restore those features but I don't know that. Maybe I'm reading too much into the bb blog entry at:

Introducing BlackBerry Bridge v3.0 for BlackBerry 10 �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog
    That's always the problem with RIM.

They release very little!
    When they do release something, it's like listening to politicians. The subject is mentioned briefly to give you the impression that they are going to discuss that subject and when they finish, you know less than you did at the start. This is an art form that they excel at.
    02-13-13 03:15 PM

I just read this Blog for the first time. It certainly sounds like RIM is doing away with email in the bridge. The disappointment is clear in the comments. Maybe they will either change there minds or make it a priority to get these features back. I'm thinking twice about a Z10 purchase. I like the way things work now and don't want to lose functionality.

Maybe if more people share their feelings in the Blog it would have an impact on decisions.
    02-13-13 04:10 PM
    I just read this Blog for the first time. It certainly sounds like RIM is doing away with email in the bridge. The disappointment is clear in the comments. Maybe they will either change there minds or make it a priority to get these features back. I'm thinking twice about a Z10 purchase. I like the way things work now and don't want to lose functionality.

Maybe if more people share their feelings in the Blog it would have an impact on decisions.
    Well, I tried commenting on that blog but the DISQUS or whatever governs it seems to want my password to my accounts or wants to share my info.
    02-13-13 05:37 PM
    I use a generic yahoo login that I setup a while ago with bogus info and a trash email address I have. They can share the info with anyone they please.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-13-13 06:41 PM
    I posted somewhere else but can't find it now. But what if the new bridge was actually a mirroring of the screen with input. At the moment they have screen sharing, if they extended that idea and made it screen sharing with 'pass control' like netmeeting or something, then they don't have to code every single app, and we have access to all the Z10 functionality from the playbook.
    Revampd likes this.
    02-13-13 06:46 PM
    Combine screen share with remote.

Sounds good if they can get it to work without lag. Maybe over wifi.
    02-13-13 07:08 PM
    That's always the problem with RIM.

They release very little!
    When they do release something, it's like listening to politicians. The subject is mentioned briefly to give you the impression that they are going to discuss that subject and when they finish, you know less than you did at the start. This is an art form that they excel at.
    Isn't this pretty common? Doesn't Apple do the same thing?
    02-14-13 01:41 AM
    Isn't this pretty common? Doesn't Apple do the same thing?
    Indeed they do. Both Samsung and Apple do it but at least they release meaningless statements more often so their customers think they care about them. They don't care really but it makes you feel all warm and cosy like someone cares about your feelings towards their products.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-14-13 07:10 AM
    I am so frustrated with the playbook bb10 connection that i am seriously considering switching all thigns to Samsung. Waited and waited adn waited for BB10, and we got BB00 in stead. Very disappointed. A dedicated BB fan i am, but i am waning. BB better act quick
    FF22 likes this.
    02-17-13 08:36 PM
    I am so frustrated with the playbook bb10 connection that i am seriously considering switching all thigns to Samsung. Waited and waited adn waited for BB10, and we got BB00 in stead. Very disappointed. A dedicated BB fan i am, but i am waning. BB better act quick
    I fear whatever happens will not happen quickly. Rim and Quick don't equate.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-17-13 09:40 PM
    whenever a bb10 updates happens I won't be upgrading until everyone does and reports back. I love bridge and use it all day. splashtop and bridge make my tablet a full multi purpose machine. I want a Q but won't sacrifice bridge functionality. so that also means I have to wait until others report back
    FF22 likes this.
    02-17-13 09:45 PM
    Does the Samsung Bridge solution have more capabilities than BB10's?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-17-13 10:17 PM
    I was able to confirm (from Blackberry) that this 'issue' is being corrected. The problem is not that it was left out so much as its being changed to allow for 'other functionality'. What that is however they could not tell me at this time. Stay tuned thought as it did sound like the changes would take place soon (I know, soon is a relative word).

That said, I don�t mind waiting for the new update to Bridge if it expands the functionality between Z10 and Playbook.
    LOL
    02-17-13 10:39 PM
    Does the Samsung Bridge solution have more capabilities than BB10's?
    Good point there. It actually has less functionality, but does have one major advantage!

You know this feature doesn't work with a Samsung so you are not bitterly disappointed when it doesn't, ha ha ha. Got you there!

By the way have you seen my brown paper bag anywhere?
    02-18-13 06:25 AM
    First time I'd seen that blog myself.

Part of my day-job is to read long and boring documents to extract the (often very) few sentences that have meaningful content... I winnow the wheat from the chaff. I've now "winnowed" that blog entry and didn't end up with enough wheat to make a small cracker!

Andrey F. has clearly been on all the courses that teach how to write meaningless management-speak - I stripped out whole paragraphs which contained nothing of substance.

What I was left with was: "We've taken away all the features of Bridge except for the interweb pipe and using it as a TV controller. One day, if we can get the Bridge to work with the BB10 hub, we might bring you BBM".

How "super exciting" is that!!!
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    02-18-13 01:25 PM

Part of my day-job is to read long and boring documents to extract the (often very) few sentences that have meaningful content... I winnow the wheat from the chaff. I've now "winnowed" that blog entry and didn't end up with enough wheat to make a small cracker!

Andrey F. has clearly been on all the courses that teach how to write meaningless management-speak - I stripped out whole paragraphs which contained nothing of substance.

What I was left with was: "We've taken away all the features of Bridge except for the interweb pipe and using it as a TV controller. One day, if we can get the Bridge to work with the BB10 hub, we might bring you BBM".

Damn you forensic linguists! That's all I can say - put that in your winnower and see what you get!

I say BUPKIS is what that Blog means.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-18-13 01:46 PM

Oh JeepBB, in my simple world you were doing so well then until you mentioned your day job. Just because you have been tasked with reading through my posts or should I say, "Part of my day-job is to read long and boring documents to extract the (often very) few sentences that have meaningful content... I winnow the wheat from the chaff. I've now "winnowed".

Part of me is feeling distraught and wants to make its way to north pier but looking on the bright side, I have never been "winnowed" before so I might forgive you if you help me find my brown paper bag.
    02-18-13 01:51 PM
    Good point there. It actually has less functionality, but does have one major advantage!

You know this feature doesn't work with a Samsung so you are not bitterly disappointed when it doesn't, ha ha ha. Got you there!

By the way have you seen my brown paper bag anywhere?
    Yes, the misguided perception that all other phones owners are blissfully satisfied with every bit of their phone and only BB users are disappointed... Yawn

Another sad old drinking reference = ignore list.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-18-13 01:52 PM
    Yes, the misguided perception that all other phones owners are blissfully satisfied with every bit of their phone and only BB users are disappointed... Yawn

Another sad old drinking reference = ignore list.
    Well as they say, "ignorance is bliss"
    02-18-13 01:57 PM
    I say BUPKIS is what that Blog means.
    Ahh... but Andrey F. clearly has the knack of making even bupkis sound "super exciting". I see politics in that boy's future!

"Progress" like the Bridge update, plus the myriad of "issues" posted over in the BB10 forums, is why I haven't strolled down to Ye Olde Phone Shoppe and purchased a Z10 - even though they are currently on sale in Merry Olde England.

Even Crackberry Kevin is posting that he's sent RIM a list of over 100 issues present in BB10... so I think I'll pass on getting a Z10 for a while.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-18-13 02:08 PM
    Oh JeepBB, in my simple world you were doing so well then until you mentioned your day job. Just because you have been tasked with reading through my posts or should I say, "Part of my day-job is to read long and boring documents to extract the (often very) few sentences that have meaningful content... I winnow the wheat from the chaff. I've now "winnowed".

Part of me is feeling distraught and wants to make its way to north pier but looking on the bright side, I have never been "winnowed" before so I might forgive you if you help me find my brown paper bag.
    Don't be distraught my friend.

Your posts have always been an entertaining and enjoyable read, and I look forward to reading the next instalment.

P.S. Don't drink and swim... or we might both miss out on your future postings!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-18-13 02:13 PM
    Ahh... but Andrey F. clearly has the knack of making even bupkis sound "super exciting". I see politics in that boy's future!

"Progress" like the Bridge, plus the myriad of "issues" posted over in the BB10 forums, is why I haven't strolled down to Ye Olde Phone Shoppe and purchased a Z10 - even though they are currently on sale in Merry Olde England.

Even Crackberry Kevin is posting that he's sent RIM a list of over 100 issues present in BB10... so I think I'll pass on getting a Z10 for a while.
    Sadly Kevin is right to do so. I spent 4hrs with mine and gave it to my 14yr old son.
    02-18-13 02:15 PM

"Progress" like the Bridge update, plus the myriad of "issues" posted over in the BB10 forums, is why I haven't strolled down to Ye Olde Phone Shoppe and purchased a Z10 - even though they are currently on sale in Merry Olde England.

I guess it's the old "making a silk purse out of pig's ear!" taken to new heights or maybe DEPTHS. Imagine being assigned the task of explaining why the LOSS of features really is a good thing. And then being able to write such drivel to make it reality.

CAN YOU READ THIS RIM or BBRY: I want to be able to open MEMOS that are on my bbphone on my PB. I want to only setup email on my bbphone and not duplicate the effort on my pb.

I think my cold is making me more irritable but in the face of Rim's bs, it is easy.
    nappp likes this.
    02-18-13 03:29 PM
    I posted somewhere else but can't find it now. But what if the new bridge was actually a mirroring of the screen with input. At the moment they have screen sharing, if they extended that idea and made it screen sharing with 'pass control' like netmeeting or something, then they don't have to code every single app, and we have access to all the Z10 functionality from the playbook.
    A BIG SCREEN remote kinda? ;-)
    02-18-13 04:43 PM
282 ... 7891011 ...