What dummy did you talk to at RIM? I've only ever heard no it will not get BB10.
    02-01-13 08:39 AM
    What dummy did you talk to at RIM? I've only ever heard no it will not get BB10.
    Unfortunately I spoke to a couple of different folks there to make sure before I bought it and they all assured me the new 9900 models would switch over but not the Bold 9700. The sad part is, they need to get the platform out there working into everyones hands ASAP or else they may just slowly drift away into the old "1 hit wonder Category"

I was always told the Playbook was the bases of BB10, yet here we are with nothing to tell the world about.
    I have been a Blackberry user for forever. I always felt they were getting a bad rap in the media and I will stick with the BB 9900, but I just believe unless there is an overwhelming influx of folks using the new platform, their moment in the sun will fade way to fast.

The second thing that really threw me and I am hearing non stop.... The Press release was so boring and dry. This did not need the head of the company to run it, this should have been filled with the excitement most other products get released with.

Time will tell.

B
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    02-01-13 08:48 AM
    Not sure how a view into your email has anything to do with carriers? If anything that would be bridge browsing which sounds like that still works.
    Yeah I was concerned they might pull the Internet share. That's most valuable to me and glad to see its still there.

The Z10 and PlayBook10 should be fine but I'm curious how they will handle PlayBook 10 and BBOS. I know I won't be jumping on any updates without checking others experience first.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-01-13 08:58 AM
    If BB can not give the same functionality or better between BB10 and the Playbook I will not upgrade, to a BB10 devise at work or look at getting one for a personal phone. I have a 9900 for work at the moment and use my personal Playbook along with it, when bridged I now have all my work Emails and contacts ect to use on the PB which is great, I do not want this stuff saved on the PB.
    mcmolineux and Uncle Remus like this.
    02-01-13 10:35 AM
    This is ridiculous! I loved being able to bridge bbm and texts. That way I could keep BB phone out of sight while using PB. Why would they cripple the bridge like this?

BlackBerry doesn't seem to get it. They can change their name, they can change their leader, they can upgrade their OS, but they still don't seem to understand what their users want.
    02-01-13 01:58 PM
    This is ridiculous! I loved being able to bridge bbm and texts. That way I could keep BB phone out of sight while using PB. Why would they cripple the bridge like this?

BlackBerry doesn't seem to get it. They can change their name, they can change their leader, they can upgrade their OS, but they still don't seem to understand what their users want.
    Whoa, take a breath.
    What this says to me is a PB update is coming along shortly. RIM isn't going to much effort into a bridge app that will be obsolete in a couple months. If 10 comes to PlayBook and RIM doesn't give a bridge app, with the same functionality we have now, then maybe I'll scream with you. Until then let's see what their plans are.
    02-01-13 02:12 PM
    One of the main reasons for me to stay with BB is Bridge... If I can upgrade to OS10 on the PlayBook, then I suppose I don't need it on a phone. I hope that the bridge functionality returns to PB, and this is a byproduct of the transition. That being said, I will wait to see BB10 on the PB, then cross my fingers that I can still SMS through the PB. But the data connection tunneling is still available... I'll bet the carriers are going to start charging for "tethering" now...
    02-01-13 02:14 PM
    Some of you people kill me, you would think that if you don't get the bb10 phone the world is going to come to an end. And if you get it and your PB doesn't bridge it is a personal attack devised just to **** you off.
    I'm in the US so it will be at least a month before we can get a z10. If they have issues that prevent to bridge from working I will wait till they get it fixed before I upgrade. I think some of the people here need to grow up
    toneytone, djdragon and cman5 like this.
    02-01-13 02:36 PM
    Amen to that my friend. Sometimes we just love complaining and taking things a little too personal and too seriously. Relax guys.
    02-01-13 08:12 PM
    This could be a "deal breker" for me in getting a new Z10....hummm, Bridge is VERY important to me the way I use my mobile devices. Nice phone, but if i can't bridge ....that will be a PROBLEM
    mcmolineux likes this.
    02-01-13 08:27 PM
    As long as I can use it for internet access that's all I care about. I want the rest but that's the main thing and that still works.
    02-01-13 08:38 PM
    Well it is disappointing that you can't access your email, calendar, bbm, text messages, etc on your PlayBook via bridge with a BB10 device, hopefully they bring that back. I loved being able to BBM, and respond to emails through bridge. I didn't really have to take out my phone when I had my PlayBook while commuting around cities.
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    02-02-13 02:07 AM
    Hi,

I don't know if we can browse Z10's files from PlayBook...

With PlayCloud (on PlayBook) you have a System view to browse all the filesystem. Maybe that the Z10's filesystem is mounted somewhere ?

Nicolas
    02-02-13 02:14 AM
    I loved the new look of the platform but I have a few concerns. First thing is, I am hearing a lot of "Apple" already does all of this. I do not know their system but found the folks who love their I phone just laugh and say to late to the race. Personally I am upset as I replaced my phone with Bold 9900 about 6 months ago and checked with Rim who assured me this would upgrade to the new operating system. Funny, they certainly let a few folks down. Now I have 2 years to wait before any upgrades.

Secondly, they are missing the boat. Get BB10 on Playbook and let everyone here be Advocates of how great the system is.

I am just a bit disappointed I guess but I do hope Blackberry survives.

Brian
    "Secondly, they are missing the boat. Get BB10 on Playbook and let everyone here be Advocates of how great the system is".

Simple, true and the best advice RIM could be given. The members in this forum are the best marketing/PR tool that RIM possess and it's FREE.

For me this has thrown everything into confusion as I only have a matter of days to go before I am due an upgrade. I had decided on the Z10 and very nearly pushed the go ahead button on one yesterday, but this thread has made me think again. I like the way finally my pb and phone work together but if I jump to the Z10 now, I may have months to wait until the pb gets bb10 and when/if it does what will the connection between the two actually do. If I wait and the pb does get bb10, how will that connect to my bb7 phone.

Another fine mess you've got us into RIM. Why not just trust us now and give us bb10 for the Playbook I am sure that the members on this forum will give you a full and honest evaluation of it.
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    02-02-13 06:57 AM
    My guess is that BlackBerry is not trusting us because it really really isn't ready and runs like crap yet.
    sad_old_man, JeepBB and FF22 like this.
    02-02-13 07:04 AM
    I concur. Unfortunately that seems to put the success of bb10 into the never never land category just like the pb launch and doesn't help me with my upgrade decision?
    02-02-13 07:12 AM
    Folks it's a pretty safe bet that your bridge apps will returns, either when the playbook is upgraded to BB10, or in a smaller maintenance release between now and then..

Proof point: RIM continued to add functionality to bridge AFTER the release of the native PIM apps on the playbook, and as recently as a few months ago (text messaging). So if the argument is that you don't need those apps due to the native apps, why would they have continued to upgrade them? There is obviously an issue of some kind getting the current gen PB software to communicate with BB10.. likely something to do with the PB having individual PIM apps and BB10 having the hub.. should that have been taken care of before launch so there wasn't a gap in use... yes.. but I would bet my hat it's coming.

That said, for me personally.. now that both my PB and my Z10 will be on exchange and will have mirror email natively, I was planing to disable the bridge versions of mail, contacts and calendars.. and only use text and bbm.. I don't need double notifications for everything.

In the meantime glad to hear that the best bridge feature (internet sharing) is still functional.. can anyone comment on the second best feature "open on playbook"?
    02-02-13 07:24 AM
    I don't mind the double notifications, that means I don't have to pick up my phone or pick up my PlayBook depending on which device is being used. For me this is "priceless".
    Uncle Remus and nappp like this.
    02-02-13 07:36 AM
    I concur. Unfortunately that seems to put the success of bb10 into the never never land category just like the pb launch and doesn't help me with my upgrade decision?
    That's the tough part of this transition to a completely new system from scratch for both the company and its users. The users are either going to be very patient or get tired and leave if they feel they have waited long enough.

My stuff still works as needed and wanted although I would like improvement in areas. So I'll wait yet again until a need arises that I can no longer. Too bad it isn't as simple as slapping the phone OS on it and having everything work. I guess for the good of the company they have to get their bread and butter right, the phones, before thinking about their 2 year old tablet that really never did anything for them beyond research and development.

A choice each person has to make. Stick it out or move to something else. I'm not loyal to any company. I like my torch and pb more than I like the others I've tried. I like where BlackBerry is going with BB10 and it seems like it is going to be an awesome system, its just too bad it takes so damn long to get from a to b.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-02-13 07:43 AM
    That's the tough part of this transition to a completely new system from scratch for both the company and its users. The users are either going to be very patient or get tired and leave if they feel they have waited long enough.

My stuff still works as needed and wanted although I would like improvement in areas. So I'll wait yet again until a need arises that I can no longer. Too bad it isn't as simple as slapping the phone OS on it and having everything work. I guess for the good of the company they have to get their bread and butter right, the phones, before thinking about their 2 year old tablet that really never did anything for them beyond research and development.

A choice each person has to make. Stick it out or move to something else. I'm not loyal to any company. I like my torch and pb more than I like the others I've tried. I like where BlackBerry is going with BB10 and it seems like it is going to be an awesome system, its just too bad it takes so damn long to get from a to b.
    You must be psychic. My torch works perfectly now with my pb. Unfortunately I have been struggling with the dreaded torch sticking keys syndrome. Therefore I need to change my handset ASAP. We all know that eventually bb10 handsets will return to some sort of functionality with the pb but as you stated and we have all experienced, WHEN. Not looking forward to another two years of partial workarounds and pressing the update button every week.
    02-02-13 07:54 AM
    Has anyone considered that the Bridge interface will have to be completely rewritten for a PB running OS10 connecting to a BB running OS7.1 or lower? I am also in the 9810+PB32 crew, and naturally I want in on the BB10+apps action. But if they break what we currently love, there will be much more of the same disappointment we have been living with since 04/2011.

Personally, I want a new BB10 phone and a new PB! Have you seen the screens on the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire HD? I love my PB32, but daaammm...
    02-02-13 08:14 AM
    Has anyone considered that the Bridge interface will have to be completely rewritten for a PB running OS10 connecting to a BB running OS7.1 or lower? I am also in the 9810+PB32 crew, and naturally I want in on the BB10+apps action. But if they break what we currently love, there will be much more of the same disappointment we have been living with since 04/2011.

Personally, I want a new BB10 phone and a new PB! Have you seen the screens on the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire HD? I love my PB32, but daaammm...
    I was with you all the way there until you threw a curve ball into the outfield and mentioned kindle. I have one, don't go there if you've owned a pb!
    02-02-13 08:39 AM
    I was with you all the way there until you threw a curve ball into the outfield and mentioned kindle. I have one, don't go there if you've owned a pb!
    Just talking about the screen. The 216 PPI on both mentioned tabbies are incredible. I WANT 216 PPI ON PLAYBOOK. PERIOD. We need to start a movement. 1280x800 PlayBook by Christmas, gimmee gimmee, gimmee.
    toneytone likes this.
    02-02-13 08:46 AM
    Just talking about the screen. The 216 PPI on both mentioned tabbies are incredible. I WANT 216 PPI ON PLAYBOOK. PERIOD. We need to start a movement. 1280x800 PlayBook by Christmas, gimmee gimmee, gimmee.
    Which Christmas?
    02-02-13 08:53 AM
    Yes jcbrunson is buying me a new pb for Christmas!
    02-02-13 08:56 AM
282 1234 ...