Which Christmas?
    The one in April, I think? We should begin calling the Z10 the "PlayBook Mini" and claim that it has already been released! Seriously tho, if RIM er BlackBerry announced a new PB to be released before 2013 black Friday, I would go out and get it. Just upscale the new Mini, can't be that hard.
    02-02-13 08:59 AM
    I'd get a new one after I see it on my current one.
    02-02-13 09:03 AM
    Yes jcbrunson is buying me a new pb for Christmas!
    I have purchased 7 total PBs for family and one for my church pastor. I have a single neighbor who is struggling financially, and she has been really jealous of all the smartphones and tabbies around her compared to her cheapo flip phone. So I bought her a Nexus 7 with some saved-up scratch I had. Why not a PB? Because we need the apps, dammit. It's embarrassing. Combine the 216ppi and availability of apps for $200, I often wonder why we have hung on to BB for so long...
    kbz1960 and Uncle Remus like this.
    02-02-13 09:07 AM
    Folks it's a pretty safe bet that your bridge apps will returns, either when the playbook is upgraded to BB10, or in a smaller maintenance release between now and then..

Proof point: RIM continued to add functionality to bridge AFTER the release of the native PIM apps on the playbook, and as recently as a few months ago (text messaging). So if the argument is that you don't need those apps due to the native apps, why would they have continued to upgrade them? There is obviously an issue of some kind getting the current gen PB software to communicate with BB10.. likely something to do with the PB having individual PIM apps and BB10 having the hub.. should that have been taken care of before launch so there wasn't a gap in use... yes.. but I would bet my hat it's coming.

That said, for me personally.. now that both my PB and my Z10 will be on exchange and will have mirror email natively, I was planing to disable the bridge versions of mail, contacts and calendars.. and only use text and bbm.. I don't need double notifications for everything.

In the meantime glad to hear that the best bridge feature (internet sharing) is still functional.. can anyone comment on the second best feature "open on playbook"?
    Rather than a bet I would like a statement explaining the development plan for transition, ie do we lose some functionality now but it comes back better than ever, or is the bb10 z10 bridge to bb10 playbook going to remain as a very cut down version.

From the comments here and on other sites, the number 1 feature is not the tethering, it's being able to respond to work emails using the playbook. The work around suggested to add accounts to the playbook does not work for those cases as people can only add personal email to the playbook.
    02-02-13 09:08 AM
    How do we know that we haven't already got one. That's the question?
    02-02-13 09:09 AM
    I have purchased 7 total PBs for family and one for my church pastor. I have a single neighbor who is struggling financially, and she has been really jealous of all the smartphones and tabbies around her compared to her cheapo flip phone. So I bought her a Nexus 7 with some saved-up scratch I had. Why not a PB? Because we need the apps, dammit. It's embarrassing. Combine the 216ppi and availability of apps for $200, I often wonder why we have hung on to BB for so long...
    For me it has been the pb and QNX keeping me hanging on more than the phones. Now the phones have the better version of QNX and all that comes with that they are part of it. As I said, what I have works for me now not that I don't want improvement. That and I am not the type that thinks I need an app for everything under the sun.
    jcbrunson likes this.
    02-02-13 09:19 AM
    Waterloo would probably explain that we've had it on the PB since OS2.1, and it has been good for what I use it for. Which is bridge, bridge, bridge, and sideloaded Kindle app with books. I fully understand that phones equal survival for BB right now, and without phone sales the PB is probably done. But we have been so supportive by propping them up to Jan 30, and we want some payback for that love.

I still love my slider 9810, large touchscreen with the keyboard. I would be in heaven if they eventually announced a BB10 slider.
    -FlyingDucks- likes this.
    02-02-13 09:20 AM
    How do we know that we haven't already got one. That's the question?
    True. There may never be another. But I doubt that.
    02-02-13 09:20 AM
    Waterloo would probably explain that we've had it on the PB since OS2.1, and it has been good for what I use it for. Which is bridge, bridge, bridge, and sideloaded Kindle app with books. I fully understand that phones equal survival for BB right now, and without phone sales the PB is probably done. But we have been so supportive by propping them up to Jan 30, and we want some payback for that love.

I still love my slider 9810, large touchscreen with the keyboard. I would be in heaven if they eventually announced a BB10 slider.
    I think I could go for a slider also. My luck though it would an exclusive not on my carrier.
    jcbrunson likes this.
    02-02-13 09:24 AM
    That and I am not the type that thinks I need an app for everything under the sun.
    Agreed. And games are for the kids. Our browser rocks when it's not shutting down. But there are some awesome day to day apps out there on ios and android. And I think we have all been praying that BB10 unified platform was the trigger to get devs working for us.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-02-13 09:30 AM

Slow down guy's. This is the point where I start to lose it. Remember I live in the UK and I always thought that a slider was some highly fandangled version of a burger. (well it is to man v food tv program) However he never mentioned the burger having a touch screen keyboard. Please more information!
    kbz1960 and r p1 like this.
    02-02-13 09:31 AM
    Slow down guy's. This is the point where I start to lose it. Remember I live in the UK and I always thought that a slider was some highly fandangled version of a burger. (well it is to man v food tv program) However he never mentioned the burger having a touch screen keyboard. Please more information!
    The Torch 9810, which if I recall you said you have. The keyboard slides out, hence the reference to the mini hamburger the "slider". Again, not to be confused with the slider baseball pitch, which is a lateral ball movement then down at the plate. Faster than an offspeed pitch, but less than a fastball.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-02-13 09:37 AM
    Slider:Bridge from playbook to BB10-sliderillustration.png
    Does this clear things up?
    kbz1960 and JeepBB like this.
    02-02-13 09:39 AM
    The Torch 9810, which if I recall you said you have. The keyboard slides out, hence the reference to the mini hamburger the "slider". Again, not to be confused with the slider baseball pitch, which is a lateral ball movement then down at the plate. Faster than an offspeed pitch, but less than a fastball.
    Aaaahhhhh, all is now bekum clear to me. I have the torch that doesn't slide the 9860, hence the reference to sticky button problem.

I do like burgers though in moderation.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-02-13 09:44 AM
    Aaaahhhhh, all is now bekum clear to me. I have the torch that doesn't slide the 9860, hence the reference to sticky button problem. I am sure it's stated in my profile.

I do like burgers though in moderation.
    02-02-13 09:47 AM
    Isn't the only thing missing from Bridge BBM and SMS now? think about it, if the Z10 and PB are both using exchange for emails, then when you receive an email on the Z10, youll receive it on the PB (if you set up your email in the native email app. Deleting or reading an email on one device will show it as read on the other device --- no need for Bridge email.

BBM is another story, but once PB gets native BBM, it could/should work in a similar way.

The only previous Bridge features BB10 users will need will be SMS and Browser, I think. already have one, just waiting for SMS. No biggie!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-02-13 09:48 AM
    Agreed. And games are for the kids. Our browser rocks when it's not shutting down. But there are some awesome day to day apps out there on ios and android. And I think we have all been praying that BB10 unified platform was the trigger to get devs working for us.
    No doubt. I'm hoping devs do make us some nice stuff and the stuff I find silly.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-02-13 09:49 AM
    Some of you people kill me, you would think that if you don't get the bb10 phone the world is going to come to an end. And if you get it and your PB doesn't bridge it is a personal attack devised just to **** you off.
    I'm in the US so it will be at least a month before we can get a z10. If they have issues that prevent to bridge from working I will wait till they get it fixed before I upgrade. I think some of the people here need to grow up
    I'd like to say I'm sorry, you're an *****! I'd like to, but I'm NOT sorry....
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-02-13 09:51 AM
    Amen to that my friend. Sometimes we just love complaining and taking things a little too personal and too seriously. Relax guys.
    And the horse you rode in on.....
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-02-13 09:52 AM
    Isn't the only thing missing from Bridge BBM and SMS now? think about it, if the Z10 and PB are both using exchange for emails, then when you receive an email on the Z10, youll receive it on the PB (if you set up your email in the native email app. Deleting or reading an email on one device will show it as read on the other device --- no need for Bridge email.

BBM is another story, but once PB gets native BBM, it could/should work in a similar way.

The only previous Bridge features BB10 users will need will be SMS and Browser, I think. already have one, just waiting for SMS. No biggie!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    That's the only 2 I care about. I can see where some may want the others back though. I use the native email now but some like native for other emails and bridged for their phone email on a lager screen and not having it on the pb when the phone isn't bridged.
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    02-02-13 09:54 AM
    This may be the straw. I'm just saying....give those who have been waiting a clue, at least. The rest of you, non-BB phone users, don't have a valid opinion on this issue. If you actually think native email, contacts, and calendar are better than bridge, then you're clueless....like the two idiots above!

Hoot
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-02-13 09:57 AM
    This may be the straw. I'm just saying....give those who have been waiting a clue, at least. The rest of you, non-BB phone users, don't have a valid opinion on this issue. If you actually think native email, contacts, and calendar are better than bridge, then you're clueless....like the two idiots above!

Hoot
    How did you know I'm an *****? Anyway I do own a bb and don't use bridged email. I do see why some do.
    jcbrunson likes this.
    02-02-13 10:17 AM
    Were any of you actually going out today to buy a Z10?
    I suspect, like others, full bridge functionality will return with BB10 on the Playbook.
    Bridge doesn't work with OS 4.x either in case you were thinking of rolling back a couple of versions.

kbz1960 likes this.
    02-02-13 10:20 AM
    Slider:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sliderillustration.png 
Views:	177 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	133586
    Does this clear things up?
    What a strange looking beefburgers!
    02-02-13 10:37 AM
    Were any of you actually going out today to buy a Z10?
    I suspect, like others, full bridge functionality will return with BB10 on the Playbook.
    Bridge doesn't work with OS 4.x either in case you were thinking of rolling back a couple of versions.

http://i52.tinypic.com/sqm5nl.jpg
    I was actually going to buy one yesterday! Does that count?
    02-02-13 10:40 AM
282 12345 ...