Will OS2 and updated Bridge support bluetooth phonecalls from Playbook? That would be great, with a very polished interface, large PB buttons to dial the number?

Rim said that there are a couple of 'secret' features with OS2, can this be one of them?
    spatialmongrel likes this.
    02-01-12 12:08 PM
    We don't know yet how far they'll go ... I'd love this surprise !
    02-01-12 12:10 PM
    I was thinking the PB would make a good handsfree device for taking calls too.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    02-01-12 12:36 PM
    I was thinking the PB would make a good handsfree device for taking calls too.
    That's what I was thinking too.
    02-01-12 01:03 PM
    this would look pretty cool for BB/PB commercials on TV.

RIM has to get this, they have to make commercial showing how cool and innovative their devices are. this would be a cool and innovative feature. Throw in the BB Gateway and the sound could come out of your stereo speakers!!!!!
    02-01-12 01:26 PM
    One cool feature I've noticed with OS2.0 Beta is the A2DP support. If you're paired with our PlayBook watching a movie for instance through the headphones, if you receive a call, the PB will mute the movie and your headphones allow you to take the call without picking up the BlackBerry phone.
    02-01-12 01:44 PM
    I think text messages would be a safer bet than phone calls. Does the play book even have a microphone?
    02-01-12 02:09 PM
    yes it does.

I have been waiting for A2DP support forever. Cant wait.
    02-01-12 02:24 PM
    txt sms would also be a welcome addition (thx Fernandez)

also imagine making true calls from your phone using the bt convertible keyboard from RIM, as if PB was a laptop....

Tornsten wanted our feedback, our help. Here is a great PB commercial!!!! No other tablet/laptop could do all this, using BB-approved peripherals or not!!!!
    collapsed likes this.
    02-01-12 02:26 PM
    I think text messages would be a safer bet than phone calls. Does the play book even have a microphone?
    There are too many people like you out there, thinking Playbook is an old Kindle Fire. It is not, it got two cameras and two microphones.
    stengel680 and collapsed like this.
    02-01-12 02:27 PM
    Kingbernie06511 for RIM CMO!!!!!
    02-01-12 02:27 PM
    I've be texting from my playbook for months with a android app called text free. Works like a charm.
    02-01-12 04:02 PM
    Google Voice works great in the browser for free SMS also.
    02-01-12 05:10 PM
    Would love to see this feature. It has been great when commuting with the PlayBook in hand surfing over the Bridge Browser... and then to see an incoming call with caller id from the BB in my pocket. To ignore such calls has been great, though the day someone I need to speak with calls... it would be great to answer that call on the PB via bluetooth!
    02-01-12 09:42 PM
    Will OS2 and updated Bridge support bluetooth phonecalls from Playbook? That would be great, with a very polished interface, large PB buttons to dial the number?

Rim said that there are a couple of 'secret' features with OS2, can this be one of them?
    did they actually say there were MORE secret features? i don't recall reading that, although i assumed and definitely HOPED there would be!
    02-01-12 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD