Do you think its possible or even feasible that Rim would release a version of the bridge function on other platforms such as iOS, Android, etc? Even if they made it a paid app...

Just wondering, thoughts?
    01-12-12 09:56 PM
    Although this is just my opinion, I never see this happening. Bluetooth tethering is already available and has always been. But bridge, don't think so. I've seen so many comments since the PlayBook's release with people saying "man, now that I have my PlayBook I need to get a BlackBerry so I can get the full experience" I think it would hinder sales of the BB phones rather than help them sell more PBs. And with all the native PIM apps coming in a month, the only reason to bridge with a non-BlackBerry is BBM, (which isn't offered on other platforms), and data connection which can be accomplished through BT tethering.

I also personally believe that part of the using your BBs data connection free through bridging (grrr AT&T for trying to block it), is in part RIMs way of saying thank you to its BB customers. So if there is any truth in that, 1 more reason there RIM wont allow it. And I really don't blame them.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 01-12-12 at 10:41 PM. Reason: more
    01-12-12 10:35 PM
    Tethering with BT yes, bridge with non BB, no.
    01-12-12 10:43 PM
    I doubt Apple would approve it for the App Store. Android could happen, but as was already pointed out, why bother when we're getting native PIM?
    01-12-12 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD