I just upgraded from a 9800 to a 9900 on AT&T. I have been using the AT&T bridge successfully on the 9800 (the one that I don't have to pay AT&T extra) but it is not working so well on the new 9900 (it worked flawlessly on the 9800). I have downloaded and installed the latest bridge from rroyy.com but it hangs a lot and does not work very well at all. I have not been successful at getting the bridge browser to work hardly at all. I tried reboots of all devices but still slower than heck. Any thoughts on how to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

Kurt
    11-08-11 11:53 PM
    I just upgraded from a 9800 to a 9900 on AT&T. I have been using the AT&T bridge successfully on the 9800 (the one that I don't have to pay AT&T extra) but it is not working so well on the new 9900 (it worked flawlessly on the 9800). I have downloaded and installed the latest bridge from rroyy.com but it hangs a lot and does not work very well at all. I have not been successful at getting the bridge browser to work hardly at all. I tried reboots of all devices but still slower than heck. Any thoughts on how to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

Kurt
    I you havent already,uninstall the bridge on ur BB, dowload the correct version frlm rroyy, then do a battery pull on ur BB, reestablish the bridge on ur PB ....this should help. Let us know.
    11-09-11 06:14 AM
    I don't think downloading and installing the same one will help anything. The bridge now when browsing anyone is like that for me and many others that are not on at&t.
    11-09-11 06:49 AM
    I just upgraded from a Torch 9800 to a 9810 and the Bridge, including the browser, is working perfectly.
    11-09-11 07:24 AM
    I just upgraded from a Torch 9800 to a 9810 and the Bridge, including the browser, is working perfectly.
    Really, even the browser? I just started to tether because browsing over bridge was being too painful waiting 1,2 minutes for the line to load past a little over of a third. Yes bridge is free but at that painful speed it is just too slow. Was much better before.
    11-09-11 07:34 AM
    9810 and PB bridge great here. Almost as fast as wi-fi. 1-2 minutes is insanely slow, I have never seen mine go more that 3-4 seconds max per page on bridge, even on a graphics heavy site.

Anindoc in post#2 has the best advice. Also, try deleting your phone from your PlayBook and pair again with a freshly downloaded bridge. Just a question, you did download the OS 7 version from rroyy.com, right?
    11-09-11 09:31 AM
    9810 and PB bridge great here. Almost as fast as wi-fi. 1-2 minutes is insanely slow, I have never seen mine go more that 3-4 seconds max per page on bridge, even on a graphics heavy site.

Anindoc in post#2 has the best advice. Also, try deleting your phone from your PlayBook and pair again with a freshly downloaded bridge. Just a question, you did download the OS 7 version from rroyy.com, right?
    I agree way too long of a pause. I have a tour with OS 5 on it. I will try the deleting the pairing and bridge on the phone and redoing. I don't think since I am not on att that rroyy,s will be any different will it?

Right now tethering is night and day faster then bridge when they use to be just a little difference.
    11-09-11 09:39 AM
    Try uncle Superfly in sequence list ...

1. delete the PB bridge entry on your phone
    2. delete both PB and Phone BlueTooth entries on PB and Phone
    3. Start over the bridging process (do NOT pair BT before, it does it implicitely), use the tag scan method if you can.
    4. Enjoy your PB !

Should do the trick, it did for me ...
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-09-11 at 10:13 AM.
    11-09-11 09:44 AM
    rroyy doesn't have the latest bridge app on his site.
    11-09-11 09:50 AM
    If rroyy does not have it, can someone point me to where I may find the latest? A forum search points to rroyy as the latest source.
    11-09-11 01:08 PM
    If rroyy does not have it, can someone point me to where I may find the latest? A forum search points to rroyy as the latest source.
    rroyy has it. Wasn't on the page I had saved is all. I'm not on att but went thru deleting etc. and no difference with browsing for me using either bridge app.
    11-09-11 01:12 PM
    Ok, have you tried cleaning out the browser? Open the browser, do not enter anything into the address bar, swipe down, go to options, bottom line on left is "Privacy and Security".

Check your settings, I use "Keep History" to 1 day, next 4 to "On", "Enable Web Inspector" off, (on account of I have no idea what it does). I figure leaving cookies on doesn't matter, I clean them out after every session. Go to bottom on right, hit "Clear all", and do a restart, either hard or soft.

Hope it helps, My pair are great, hope yours pair rocks as well.
    11-09-11 03:40 PM
    Ok, have you tried cleaning out the browser? Open the browser, do not enter anything into the address bar, swipe down, go to options, bottom line on left is "Privacy and Security".

Check your settings, I use "Keep History" to 1 day, next 4 to "On", "Enable Web Inspector" off, (on account of I have no idea what it does). I figure leaving cookies on doesn't matter, I clean them out after every session. Go to bottom on right, hit "Clear all", and do a restart, either hard or soft.

Hope it helps, My pair are great, hope yours pair rocks as well.
    Been there and done that always.
    11-09-11 06:56 PM
    i deleted the link between the devices, deleted the bridge app on the phone, reinstalled the app on the phone, re-paired the devices the devices, and did a battery pull it seems to be working much better thanks for all the guidance!

kurt
    11-09-11 09:50 PM
    i don't think downloading and installing the same one will help anything. The bridge now when browsing anyone is like that for me and many others that are not on at&t.
    same issue here ( vodafone uk)
    11-10-11 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD