I know this has been posted a thousand times so far but I still can't find an answer to my blackberry bridge problem. I have deleted And re installed the bridge app about four times and one of those i downloaded the application from rroyy.com like suggested. I have deleted the bluetooth accounts on both pb and bb I have restarted pb and I have rebooted my bb about 8 times the last one was a battery pull. All that happens when I enter the bridge app is that when I switch it to on it stays grey and freezes the phone. I've been trying to get it to work now for about 8 hours and it's incredibly infuriating. I've tried everything I've seen on the forums but it's just not working.

It's just my luck that when the new os finally comes out I can't even use the best bit.

If anyone can help I'd be more than grateful.
    02-21-12 03:10 PM
    hmm i personally don't know, but what device and version are you using
    , it will help some who may know.

You say you've been resetting your phone, have you tried a battery pull? sometimes it helps too.
    02-21-12 03:15 PM
    When you deleted bridge try pulling the battery. Than reinstall. Than download Bridge. OTA. Hope this helps.
    02-21-12 03:18 PM
    I battery pulled the last time.

I'm using a Bold 9780 and it says it's up to date running 6.0
    02-21-12 03:19 PM
    I know this has been posted a thousand times so far but I still can't find an answer to my blackberry bridge problem. I have deleted And re installed the bridge app about four times and one of those i downloaded the application from rroyy.com like suggested. I have deleted the bluetooth accounts on both pb and bb I have restarted pb and I have rebooted my bb about 8 times the last one was a battery pull. All that happens when I enter the bridge app is that when I switch it to on it stays grey and freezes the phone. I've been trying to get it to work now for about 8 hours and it's incredibly infuriating. I've tried everything I've seen on the forums but it's just not working.

It's just my luck that when the new os finally comes out I can't even use the best bit.

If anyone can help I'd be more than grateful.
    Patience my friend it will work.

First, make sure that you have downloaded the correct version of the Bridge app from rroyy, i.e. if your BB runs OS7.0, get the Bridge app for 7.0.

Once thats done try the following in the exact order-
    * First delete your Bridge app from your BB phone.
    * Do a battery pull
    * Download the Bridge app from rroyy.com (correct version)
    * Do a battery pull- again !
    * As the BB restarts, go delete the paring between the BB-PB on the PB
    * Restart the PB
    * Pair your BB with the PB now.

This should work, make sure that your Bluetooth is also turned 'on'- both on the phone and the Playbook.

If this fails, I would suggest you do a hard reset on the PB after doing the steps outlined above (Hard reset= Hold down the power, +/- buttons all together until the PB shuts down and restarts).

Good luck
    Northern gulf likes this.
    02-21-12 03:20 PM
    Is your bluetooth turned on? Sometimes it is the obvious. Things we over look. Also does your Playbook see your phone? Gear,blackberry bridge. Is your phone listed?
    02-21-12 03:25 PM
    Patience my friend it will work.

First, make sure that you have downloaded the correct version of the Bridge app from rroyy, i.e. if your BB runs OS7.0, get the Bridge app for 7.0.

Once thats done try the following in the exact order-
    * First delete your Bridge app from your BB phone.
    * Do a battery pull
    * Download the Bridge app from rroyy.com (correct version)
    * Do a battery pull- again !
    * As the BB restarts, go delete the paring between the BB-PB on the PB
    * Restart the PB
    * Pair your BB with the PB now.

This should work, make sure that your Bluetooth is also turned 'on'- both on the phone and the Playbook.

If this fails, I would suggest you do a hard reset on the PB after doing the steps outlined above (Hard reset= Hold down the power, +/- buttons all together until the PB shuts down and restarts).

Good luck
    Wonderful advice. If all that doesn't work, i would then start looking at the playbook. If you've ever side loaded an app, had the 2.0 beta, or the leaked android market, you should probably debrick your playbook and try again. But do the above first, should get you rockin
    anindoc likes this.
    02-21-12 03:25 PM
    delete what you have
    reboot

and try using the one from rroyy's website
    RROYY - APPLICATIONS
    02-21-12 03:29 PM
    I've tried the one from rroyy.com and it won't work. I deleted the bridge app but the one I downloaded from rroyy.com earlier is still there but not there. It won't let me delete it, so when I try to install it again the download fails. It's all my phones problem I haven't even gotten to the part where bridge turns on, on my phone. It just freezes on the enable part and then won't work again until I either reboot it or the phone locks itself which is 10 mind later.
    02-21-12 03:52 PM
    did you download the bridge update on your phone as well? It's available through App World. note, i had to re-pair the phone and the playbook doing a manual re-pairing (QR scanner option didn't work).
    02-21-12 03:54 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem!!!! Tried everything in all different orders and I get the same result everytime. I am on AT&T but running 7.1 Bundle 196 (v7.1.0.74, Platform 5.1.0.75). I'm thinking that maybe AT&T is blocking it somehow because they haven't released an official 7.1. I'm gonna do a wipe and then try to go to AT&Ts official release. Anyone else running 7.1 on AT&T get it working?
    02-21-12 04:11 PM
    Worked great for me! thanks. All for help!
    02-21-12 04:37 PM
    Well now not only is it still not working on my phone the Bridge applications folder and the applications have disappeared from my PlayBook. I haven't done anything to them they just disappeared. Please tell me there's a solution to this.
    Or at least, is there a away to uninstall os2 and then reinstall it?
    02-21-12 05:35 PM
    Well now not only is it still not working on my phone the Bridge applications folder and the applications have disappeared from my PlayBook. I haven't done anything to them they just disappeared. Please tell me there's a solution to this.
    Or at least, is there a away to uninstall os2 and then reinstall it?
    There is a way, it's called debricking your playbook. Warning though, all data and applications WILL be lost unless backed up first. To debrick do this:

1: Power off your playbook completely
    2: Start up Desktop Manager on your computer
    3: Connect your still powered off playbook
    4: DM will start the playbook and pop up a message about not being able to connect, there willl be an "update" button, hit that and follow the prompts. By doing this, DM will wipe and reload the latest OS on your playbook.

Hope this helps, cheers!
    02-21-12 05:41 PM
    There is a way, it's called debricking your playbook. Warning though, all data and applications WILL be lost unless backed up first. To debrick do this:

1: Power off your playbook completely
    2: Start up Desktop Manager on your computer
    3: Connect your still powered off playbook
    4: DM will start the playbook and pop up a message about not being able to connect, there willl be an "update" button, hit that and follow the prompts. By doing this, DM will wipe and reload the latest OS on your playbook.

Hope this helps, cheers!
    Thanks. I have tried that once but it didn't work. I'll try it again tomorrow, 11 hours is enough for one day. That's 11 hours of my life I'll never get back.
    02-21-12 06:02 PM
    Thanks. I have tried that once but it didn't work. I'll try it again tomorrow, 11 hours is enough for one day. That's 11 hours of my life I'll never get back.
    I hear ya, good luck!
    02-21-12 06:17 PM
    I had the same issue...debricking didn't work...DM didn't give me an update option only a repair option after which I got a connection error and a prompt to retry - which of course also doesn't work. Here's what you do...go to settings (gear, upper right hand corner) and then click on security>security wipe. This will effectively do the same thing as debricking...make sure your stuff is backed up. After this, it will prompt you on restart for a software update. This should install a clean version that wil work like a charm.
    02-21-12 06:20 PM
    Good info!
    02-21-12 06:24 PM
    I battery pulled the last time.

I'm using a Bold 9780 and it says it's up to date running 6.0
    I have the same combination and they automatically paired themselves without any action on my part. You might try deleting all pairings, disable Bluetooth, verify the BlackBridge software on the smartphone is v2.0 and then pair the devices again. I never had to touch the bridge pairing before or after installing BlackBerry Bridge on the smartphone or upgrading the operating system on the tablet.
    02-21-12 06:25 PM
    Are you bridging from your phone or the PB? It makes a difference. If you are pressing the sync from you phone, my experience is that 100% of the time, it will not make the connection.

since you've deleted BB bridge, reinstall it from RRoYY.com turn it on.. DON'T do anything besides opening the app on your phone. Make sure you bluetooth is on. Then use he PB to set up the bridge. Always use the PB to make the connections. Connecting to PB from the phone always fails for me.
    02-21-12 07:16 PM
    Hey guys Thanks for all the help it's really great to know that people are willing to help someone in need of it.

I have great news! I thought the problem was with my phone so I plugged it into my Mac and just wiped it and reinstated everything. I got the registration email from blackberry again and from my provider. It went through the whole setup process and everything and finally, FINALLY I now have a fully functional BlackBerry Bridge, hopefully. It has linked up with my phone I'm just updating my bbm app at the moment to see if it will work and then I'm gonna try the remote thing I've been looking forward to so much.

Thanks again for all the help and if anyone else is still having problems on the phone side I would suggest this as well but it takes an age so I'd go get a snack whilst it works in the background.
    Jeovex likes this.
    02-22-12 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD