I have read many threads on this topic and tried all suggestions from the workaround to complete wipes to re installation and I still have the following problem. Bridge was working great at first and I loved it then suddenly it stopped connecting and just failed to identify my bold 9900. I thought the new os would solve what seemed to be a common problem but it did not, my bridge timer just expires and manual pairing does not identify my bluetooth device. My wife has a 9810 and pbook and they bridge perfectly every time. My phone will sometimes pair with her pbook and will pair with her phone, however, her phone cannot successfully bridge with my pbook. Again, I have tried everything and am getting pretty frustrated with these devices. Any help would be appreciated. As a final note that may shed some light, only my playbook has been connected to bb desktop software, hers has not.

Thanks in advance
    02-22-12 11:47 PM
    Are you using the new Bridge app 2.0. Have you done a reset on the playbook?
    02-22-12 11:51 PM
    Wipe it like the day after taco tuesday
    02-22-12 11:53 PM
    Yes and yes. Did a reset after installing the bridge app to no avail.
    02-22-12 11:54 PM
    Ya I didn't try wiping the playbook since the 2.0 release, maybe that will help
    02-22-12 11:55 PM
    When you use the PB to Bridge to your phone do it show your phone?
    02-22-12 11:59 PM
    Backup it up and reload the OS. Try to remove your default bridge settings.
    And connect it and redo the steps.
    02-22-12 11:59 PM
    No the pb doesn't see my phone at all, and my phone doesn't detect the pb either. Will try the wipe/reinstall of 2.0 on the pb
    02-23-12 12:04 AM
    Sound like a bluetooth issue not a bridge issue.... When you reinstalled and tried to set up the bridge... did you check to make sure you bluetooth settings on the playbook and phone were both on and in discovery mode... if not it will not see the devices... i always check the bluetooth before starting trouble shooting the bridge issues....

Had a similar problem with my wife's 32 gig playbook.... As you can brige to your wife's computer I would say the issue is on the playbook... if you do a security wipe and start over make sure you check your bluetooth settings.... That is why my phone or playbook would not see each other... Gave me fits for a week or so.....

good luck....
    02-23-12 12:15 AM
    I think if you run 7.0 or 7.1, you'd need a different Bridge app. When I installed OTA from RROYY - APPLICATIONS it listed Bridge for the different OSes.
    02-23-12 01:09 AM
    Ok I will check that out. Just did a complete wipe and reinstall of the new pb os and no luck. Starting to think perhaps something is wrong with the playbook hardware. Thx for all the input.
    02-23-12 09:36 AM
    So that did not work. Complete wipe with the bridge app taken from rroy. My bold will pair with my wife's pbook but will not bridge with it, and is not even detected by my pb. My pb, on the other hand, fails to detect any bluetooth device whatsoever.I can now say I have tried absolutely everything. Super frustrated - I was really happy with our first blackberries until now. I guess I will start looking into warranty service or something. Thanks again for all the help and ideas.
    02-23-12 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD