What I have mentioned worked for me after the reboot. Maybe try to go in again and toggle on to off, then off to on. Make sure those settings are turned on. It should work! Maybe there was a download problem when you downloaded the new OS. I am not sure what else to tell you. Sorry.
    Are you sure you're talking about the bridge email? The predictive option works with the native email but not with bridge even after a reboot
    04-18-12 02:55 PM
    So I see everyone is having the same issue after taking the update on their playbook. I've tried every solution suggested in this thread today and nothing has worked. I don't mind waiting for RIM to do work and fix the defect they've introduced but by any chance has anyone received an ETA? Inside source or anything like that?

This is a good time for RIM to do one of two things, back out the version or introduce the ability for us to choice to revert any OS update pushed to the PB. I mean they do this with their smartphones, I'm not sure why this isn't done already with the PB.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-18-12 03:10 PM
    It's strange that as I'm typing this message in Crackberry, the predictive options work, though not with bridged email. Of course, I need it much more for email than anything else. I too hope for a quick fix to this.
    04-18-12 03:22 PM
    I opened a ticket with Blackberry Support. Yes, this feature has been inadvertently removed with the new OS 2.0.1 Hopefully, a bug fix will be coming out soon. On the positive end, the browser and opening Apps seems to be faster than before
    04-18-12 03:37 PM
    So I see everyone is having the same issue after taking the update on their playbook. I've tried every solution suggested in this thread today and nothing has worked. I don't mind waiting for RIM to do work and fix the defect they've introduced but by any chance has anyone received an ETA? Inside source or anything like that?

This is a good time for RIM to do one of two things, back out the version or introduce the ability for us to choice to revert any OS update pushed to the PB. I mean they do this with their smartphones, I'm not sure why this isn't done already with the PB.
    An ETA from Rim. You have to be kidding. But if there were one it would be one of the following:

Soon. Around the corner. By Summer, within 60 days or by the next EVENT X.....

Other than when folks figured out ROOTING the pb, rim has never felt any issue was sufficiently urgent and needed a fast upgrade.
    dcvetkovic likes this.
    04-18-12 04:07 PM
    I did the update this morning...I just read this thread and Bridged my BB 9900 to my PB to see if I was experiencing the same issue. Everything is functioning as it should. Its interesting some folks are having an issue and others like myself are not.
    A-OK here on my wife's Curve 8330; all icons present and accounted for, no browser crashes, Bridge functions, spell check, etc works, no bulges, no heat, no dead pixels, predictive text doing what it's supposed to do, and with Bridge. All in all, a definite upgrade in functionality, though my experience is somewhat dampened by the fact that my PB's were just as functional before this latest update.
    04-18-12 04:21 PM
    An ETA from Rim. You have to be kidding. But if there were one it would be one of the following:

Soon. Around the corner. By Summer, within 60 days or by the next EVENT X.....

Other than when folks figured out ROOTING the pb, rim has never felt any issue was sufficiently urgent and needed a fast upgrade.
    Fair enough, on the other hand if there is some thought being placed on this issue they should simply back the update out or allow us the choice to do so. Since they don't supply a KB file to let us know what has been introduced, backing out to a version that has no issues would be the best option until you can fix the defects found in your release. I work in IT and the one rule you try your best not to do, is introduce new defects into production. If it does happen, you try and fix it immediately or back out, plain and simple.
    Last edited by Carmels; 04-18-12 at 08:54 PM.
    04-18-12 04:40 PM
    Is anyone missing contacts in bridge? When I bridge my BB9700 with OS5 on BES (I know OS is old but this is my corporate device and I have no choice there ) and open bridge contacts, they are empty. Was working fine with 2.0

Dragan
    04-18-12 09:03 PM
    So oddly enough, the word suggestion works if I'm typing within the forum over my browser. However, still no dice in any of the native apps over bridge.

Interesting Watson.....very interesting.

But rather irritating Holmes old boy!
    04-18-12 09:09 PM
    Is anyone missing contacts in bridge? When I bridge my BB9700 with OS5 on BES (I know OS is old but this is my corporate device and I have no choice there ) and open bridge contacts, they are empty. Was working fine with 2.0

Dragan
    I'm running a 9700 on a BES too, just looked and my contacts are still there. I'd suggest updating to OS6. My office provides my phone as well, I had a crack copy of OS6 put on the moment I got my hands on it. You shouldn't be worried about updating your phone now, every phone provider has a legitimate copy of OS6 now for their customers. If your really really worried you can always ask your technical solutions advisors (if you have such a department) if they just wouldn't support OS6, I highly doubt you'd have an issue though.
    Last edited by Carmels; 04-18-12 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Spell check
    04-18-12 09:23 PM
    Interesting, just reconnected my bridge and I can now see contacts. But my bridge icons are gone. Oh well, I can live without icons. Dragan
    04-18-12 09:29 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD