Hi All

After upgrading to 2.0.1.358 i lost my spelling suggestion when doing Bridge mail and notes, no spelling suggestion and no auto correction.

Anyone having the same problem?

I am thinking of wiping my Playbook and have tried to have it turn on with the tablet connected to Blackberry desktop, the system also start downloading factory file, however it says "A fatal error has happened...." and then off course the re-install is aborted. Any other ways to wipe and reinstall the system?

Regards
    Rundelight
    04-17-12 11:24 AM
    I think we will see a bridge update soon.
    04-17-12 01:07 PM
    Yes the spelling issue has been reported in the forums a couple times. It is likely we will see a bridge update soon, or a small update to the OS.
    04-17-12 01:09 PM
    Oh, (self-censored)!!!!
    04-17-12 01:43 PM
    Oh, (self-censored)!!!!
    Hahahahahahaha
    04-17-12 01:52 PM
    This is not good....really??!!!
    04-17-12 01:56 PM
    Well, it did not work when I quickly tried it. Therefore, my, ^&&&**#$@ comment above.

I guess I don't believe that they killed a function by introducing this bug. I mean, doesn't anybody at rim test this stuff?

Now I may need to try native mail again and hope that it does not kill the battery on MANUAL mode.
    04-17-12 02:05 PM
    I did the update this morning...I just read this thread and Bridged my BB 9900 to my PB to see if I was experiencing the same issue. Everything is functioning as it should. Its interesting some folks are having an issue and others like myself are not.
    04-17-12 03:47 PM
    I would not have updated to OS 2.0.1 if I had known this feature was disabled, I really use it alot.
    SK122387 likes this.
    04-17-12 04:11 PM
    I tried doing a wipe so I could go back to the old OS, but it forced the install of the 2.0.1 patch anyway.
    04-17-12 05:00 PM
    I did the update this morning...I just read this thread and Bridged my BB 9900 to my PB to see if I was experiencing the same issue. Everything is functioning as it should. Its interesting some folks are having an issue and others like myself are not.
    Bob80220, I had issues with spelling suggestions and auto complete. I had Bridge running during the update process. How about you?
    04-17-12 05:01 PM
    Bob80220, I had issues with spelling suggestions and auto complete. I had Bridge running during the update process. How about you?
    I did the update with my PlayBook in the cradle charger and it was not Bridged to my BB 9900.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    04-17-12 05:44 PM
    I know you confirmed but ....

So, when you use Bridge email, the pb shows spelling fixes and that line of Predictive Text with word-choices? (and the bb phone is NOT a remote control or keyboard).

I'm rebooting my 9930 now and will reboot the pb.

I'll be back....

Edited to add:

No spellcheck or predictive text after both were rebooted. It does fix "dont" and "i" but no spellcheck or predictive text.
    Last edited by F2; 04-17-12 at 06:17 PM.
    04-17-12 06:08 PM
    My bad...i was talking about the device showing correct word choices. I just checked not using the device and it does not show word selections. To be honest I don't know if it did before or not because I only use my BB 9900 as a key pad when I'm Bridged to my PlayBook. Sorry for the confusion.
    04-17-12 06:49 PM
    I haven't done the upgrade yet and bridge email definitely shows predictive text with 2.0.0. Has anyone tried deleting the bridge connection and reconfiguring it to see if that makes any difference?
    Last edited by zavar; 04-17-12 at 08:19 PM.
    04-17-12 08:14 PM
    It's worse than that. Even just the remote control kills word suggest on the native email (non bridged) app. It used to work.
    04-17-12 08:40 PM
    I just finished the upgrade and predictive text is not working for me either. Tried deleting the bridge connection and creating it again, toggling the keyboard settings to disable/enable, etc. No such luck. Hope a fix for this comes soon.
    04-17-12 10:48 PM
    A shame that the PlayBook update is degrading functionality. As Bridging is the feature I use most often and assists me daily I do not feel comfortable. Also, another application doesn't run.

it would have been sensible to provide a proper readme file or KB that describes in detail what's in and what's out due to this update.

I have difficulties to understand how this has slipped through the QA department as Bridge is one of the features for a BlackBerry user that made the PlayBook superior when use in Bridge mode.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-18-12 01:48 AM
    It is still there. At first, I thought I did not have it too. What you do first is go into settings>keyboard>toggle all the features like "show predictions and suggestions" on to off and off to on. Restart your playbook and it should show up. That is what I did and it worked. I hope this helps!
    04-18-12 02:13 AM
    @whataday : didn't work for me
    04-18-12 02:21 AM
    It is still there. At first, I thought I did not have it too. What you do first is go into settings>keyboard>toggle all the features like "show predictions and suggestions" on to off and off to on. Restart your playbook and it should show up. That is what I did and it worked. I hope this helps!
    Are you sure you refer to Bridge? It is the case in native eMail but it does not show up on bridged email.
    04-18-12 02:39 AM
    Are you sure you refer to Bridge? It is the case in native eMail but it does not show up on bridged email.
    Nor does it show in native with remote control. Maybe a bluetooth issue??
    04-18-12 02:51 AM
    I wonder how RIM missed that... It's so obvious the predictive option doesn't work
    04-18-12 08:34 AM
    @whataday : didn't work for me
    What I have mentioned worked for me after the reboot. Maybe try to go in again and toggle on to off, then off to on. Make sure those settings are turned on. It should work! Maybe there was a download problem when you downloaded the new OS. I am not sure what else to tell you. Sorry.
    04-18-12 01:11 PM
    What I have mentioned worked for me after the reboot. Maybe try to go in again and toggle on to off, then off to on. Make sure those settings are turned on. It should work! Maybe there was a download problem when you downloaded the new OS. I am not sure what else to tell you. Sorry.
    What OS version is your blackberry on and what version of Bridge are you using?
    04-18-12 02:26 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD