anyone know if its possible to get the bridge browser to go over the network internet browser not the BES MDS service?

Our MDS in the UAE isn't configured and we browse on our BBs via the internet browser.

Tethering is blocked by the network.
    07-11-11 08:08 AM
    Other than wiping the IT policy and disconnecting from the BES, no. I wonder out of the 250,000 BES servers, how many don't have MDS configured for internet access?

I guess the others like us are waiting for either a bridge update that will allow enterprise activated phones to still use BIS, if it is allowed by the BES admin or I guess this will be fixed somehow by BlackBerry Balance.
    07-11-11 08:26 AM
    On the device I can set the default MDS service to be Internet not blackberry browser, but the bridge doesn't seem to use it. Our Policy allows the use of the internet browser, so can't see why the bridge isn't using it.

Only reason our MDS isn't enabled is as the servers here are legacy and considered a security risk, otherwise i'd just configure it myself playbook without tethering is useless, suppose I could play tetris while at work!

BIS and BES services would need to be pushed out by the network, which would need IT approval and a business justification in our case and is a very rare event.
    07-11-11 08:37 AM
    It's because of how RIM designed the bridge app. As soon as it detects an enterprise activated BB, it routes everything through the BES regardless of whether BIS is allowed on the phone or not. It is a great shortcoming, especially since BBOS 6 can automatically use the appropiate service depending upon whether you are connecting to the internet or intranet.
    07-11-11 09:06 AM
    Yeah I've just been reading that on the RIM KB base article.

Its a pain in the a$$ for us on global unlimited BES services as the network provider won't allow us to tether. If RIM could allow internet over the internet browser it would be perfect for us out here.

Anyway I'm moving to Hong Kong in a few weeks so lets see how the carrier's fair out there.

Thanks for your advice.
    07-11-11 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD