The easiest way to get Bridge is to go to Blackberry App World using Internet Explorer (it may work on other browsers, don't know). Attach your phone to USB. Search for Blackberry Bridge. It will find it and click on details. Once you click download, it will ask you to log in. Enter your BB ID and log in. If it tells you that you must download from the device, it is because the website thinks you are trying to download to Playbook. You need to find the link which says "Devices" somewhere on page, it was on upper right for me, but then it disappeared. Once you can switch to your handheld, it will let you download from the website.

Hope this helps!
    04-19-11 03:03 AM
    The easiest way to get Bridge is to go to Blackberry App World using Internet Explorer (it may work on other browsers, don't know). Attach your phone to USB. Search for Blackberry Bridge. It will find it and click on details. Once you click download, it will ask you to log in. Enter your BB ID and log in. If it tells you that you must download from the device, it is because the website thinks you are trying to download to Playbook. You need to find the link which says "Devices" somewhere on page, it was on upper right for me, but then it disappeared. Once you can switch to your handheld, it will let you download from the website.

Hope this helps!
    Just going to say the same thing as this was the only way I could get it on my phone.
    04-19-11 03:27 AM
    i was able to download it after resetting app world .... try "alt + R S T"
    Last edited by 17.michal; 04-19-11 at 03:31 AM.
    04-19-11 03:29 AM
    @Fr3incr: I'd guess just downloading the bridge app from the App World straight to your BB would be the easiest way..

Just saying .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 03:37 AM
    I don't have a PB yet but I just went to App World on my 9700 and downloaded and successfully installed Bridge.
    04-19-11 03:55 AM
    What is Bridge Browser a web browser?

How is it different than using the PB browser?
    04-19-11 05:03 AM

VERY exciting!!

I'm just glad I can now go to sleep and don't have to wait all night re-loading the app store on my BB, lol
    were you able to bridge your BBM ?
    04-19-11 05:14 AM
    I don't have a PB yet but I just went to App World on my 9700 and downloaded and successfully installed Bridge.
    Ditto.

First attempt said not available. Waited 5 mins, did NOT reboot, and VOILA!

I'm in the central time zone btw.
    04-19-11 05:46 AM
    Did you see the sticky? I don't have ATT but seems like they got it working - sort of

04-19-11 06:23 AM
    Did you see the sticky? I don't have ATT but seems like they got it working - sort of

yeah, duh ... I missed it there right in front of my nose.

Just dl'd josecarlosc's zip, installed it with BBSAK, and it's running. Now if only my PB gets here today ...

But still, shame on AT&T. If I didn't have so many phones in the family in mid-contract, I'd be gone today.
    04-19-11 06:40 AM
    I hope I dont have a problem. BB app world has never worked for me... correction...it did work for the first year on my Storm but at one point there was a new app world app that installed and I've never been able to connect since.
    I just might end up with a standalone PB.
    04-19-11 07:15 AM
    is anybody doing this on VZW. I tried to download BB Bridge from app world, and it said not available on my device or carrier. WTF, VZW shafts me again??!!
    04-19-11 07:45 AM
    is anybody doing this on VZW. I tried to download BB Bridge from app world, and it said not available on my device or carrier. WTF, VZW shafts me again??!!
    I had the same issue this morning. I did an ALT-R-S-T in App World and it was available to download after that. I have a 9650 on Verizon.
    04-19-11 07:49 AM
    I just downloaded bb bridge rather easily .. im on vzw. Id say just keep trying.
    04-19-11 07:50 AM
    What is Bridge Browser a web browser?

How is it different than using the PB browser?
    nothing, it uses the same browser, functionality on the PB but instead of using wifi, its using your BB internet plan. bonus yeah!?
    04-19-11 07:56 AM
    I had the same issue this morning. I did an ALT-R-S-T in App World and it was available to download after that. I have a 9650 on Verizon.

My workberry let me download it, so I'll try that om myberry

I take it you hold ALT while pressing R S T??
    Last edited by ericdude; 04-19-11 at 08:06 AM.
    04-19-11 08:03 AM
    Reading my Storm 1 email on the PB is AWESOME!!! Hope you get yours working everybody!
    04-19-11 08:41 AM
    My workberry let me download it, so I'll try that om myberry

I take it you hold ALT while pressing R S T??
    Thats my understanding, except this is one of the few times it sucks haviong a virtual keyboard (storm 2)
    04-19-11 09:17 AM
    Thats my understanding, except this is one of the few times it sucks haviong a virtual keyboard (storm 2)

Got it working on both phones now, just got back to the office with the 32G PB, but our WiFi is locked out to only company machines....

Oh well, PB in hand, that's all that matters at the moment.
    04-19-11 10:16 AM
    i got it connected to my bb sucessfully but when i go to the blackberry bridge tab there are no icons there... any ideas?
    04-19-11 11:13 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD