So I'm on the latest OS and have Bridge from rroyy installed. Browsing the web works bridged to my 9810, I can see the contacts on my phone, BBM is there, I can see the Internal Storage folder and the SD card folder, but it says there is nothing in it. I know music and videos won't show up. but at least documents should and maybe pictures.
    I have three different file explorer apps as well, and none show anything in the phone folders. What am I doing wrong?
    12-07-11 06:14 PM
    What File Explorer apps? File Browser will show and copy/move files to/from pb/bbphone. I believe Files and Folders does, too, although BES can lock it down - you have a Corp phone?
    12-07-11 07:00 PM
    No, private phone. Got it working now. I left Bridge on and rebooted the PB. Everything was there then. I have FileExpert, File Browser and Files and Folders installed. They all have one thing in common: To be able to view files on the phone, you need to open Bridge Files and leave it open, THEN open one of the mentioned file browser apps and you see all the stuff on your phone. You can even open music and picture files, but not videos. Videos appear to open, but the player just shows a black screen. If you then go ahead and close the Bridge Files app you can still mess about in the file browser apps for a while and then it quits getting access fir some reason. If you open Bridge Files again, you getbaccess back through the file browser apps.
    At least it works now. A shame that the native Bridge app can't do what the third party apps can.
    12-07-11 07:11 PM
    Ralfyguy,

the Bridge connection between the PlayBook and your phone is via BlueTooth, which is not even remotely fast enough to transmit high-res video in realtime. It can barely keep up with audio. You could try first copying the video file to a folder on the PlayBook using Files & Folders (or whichever file manager you prefer), and then opening the copied video. But beware: a large video file will take "forever" to copy over BlueTooth.
    12-07-11 08:40 PM
    Ralfyguy,

the Bridge connection between the PlayBook and your phone is via BlueTooth, which is not even remotely fast enough to transmit high-res video in realtime. It can barely keep up with audio. You could try first copying the video file to a folder on the PlayBook using Files & Folders (or whichever file manager you prefer), and then opening the copied video. But beware: a large video file will take "forever" to copy over BlueTooth.
    It works now, and yes it does take a long time to transfer a video. It's not too bad as long as the file isn't that big. I did manage to stream music files from the phone to the PB and play it via BT. But still, I have to open Bridge Files first to be able to use 3rd party file browsers to even SEE the files. That is really strange.
    12-07-11 09:48 PM
    Not really - it's the Bridge File app that handles all the communication with the phone.
    12-08-11 03:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD