If someone could please clarify if I am doing something wrong.....

I can access the files on my Bold thru BBM but not throught the bridge files....

Is there a work around here or are we expecting a change on the next update ?

Seems like this should be a pretty simple fix that would optimize this unit...

Becoming a bit concerned with some of the basics that are not fixed yet.....please RIM......please....

cheers,

heavy
    05-16-11 01:55 PM
    If you mean media files (pictrues, music, videos), as of now you can't access them through Bridge Files. Hopefully in the future this is changed, because it seems pointless to have my songs stored on both the BB and the Playbook.
    05-16-11 02:16 PM
    If you mean media files (pictrues, music, videos), as of now you can't access them through Bridge Files. Hopefully in the future this is changed, because it seems pointless to have my songs stored on both the BB and the Playbook.
    Seriously? You think you should have to Bridge a music file each time you play it? Or the same thing for a picture or video? Think this through before you make suce a ridiculous statement. It makes PERFECT sense to have access to music, pictures and video from either device when you don't have one or the other. and certainly extends battery life and response time of playback, etc.

Sure, it will be nice to be able to access a file you receive on BBM from the PB, but that's an occasional transfer, not something that would be required evvry time you want to use a file if it's on only one of the devices.
    05-16-11 02:30 PM
    heavydem

Attempting to answer the question and limit rude responses:

Using Bridge File I can see and access CERTAIN file types, like docs, xls and pdf. It will not even show some files types like media. I just opened one of each of the types I mentioned using BridgeFiles
    05-16-11 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD