Are you and the wife using the same device and OS versioN?
    yup!

10char
    04-19-11 09:46 PM
    I've been having problems with bridge all day... interestingly enough, when I first unboxed the PB and setup bridge, it worked first time. Then at some point during the day, I lost connectivity... then I did a security wipe on the device (just for fun ) and have since not been able to connect Bridge. I get a variety of errors... everything from "failed to pair device" to nothing happening at all for several minutes and me giving up...

I assume this is just glitchy first release software, and it will be fixed soon.

I do use a password on my berry, and turning off the password has made no difference... same random errors, and currently unable to connect.

Just seems weird... I was able to connect out of the box, and since then it's been all downhill...
    04-19-11 09:55 PM
    is your device encrypted? that was my issue. turned off encryption and disabled password. works lime a charm now.
    04-19-11 11:12 PM
    Go to Options, Status.
    Type buyr. It will show whether your IT policy is enabled.
    If it is, return your Playbook. You cannot use Bridge.
    04-20-11 11:53 AM
    A SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!

When the PB bridges, it takes all Wifi networks currently setup on the BB and brings them over. Somewhere in there, I must have a wifi profile that it does not like.

I went ahead and deleted the Wifi database on my BB, rebooted and voila!!!!

Give that a try and see what happens

edit: this now works with my blackberry password as well
    Last edited by lcohen999; 04-20-11 at 01:06 PM.
    jonty12 likes this.
    04-20-11 12:57 PM
    is your device encrypted? that was my issue. turned off encryption and disabled password. works lime a charm now.
    I must operate in a very secure environment. My BES forces encryption. I can't turn it off.
    04-21-11 09:37 AM
    encryption isn't a problem

look at other threads, but basically..delete all your WiFi profiles via DM and the bridge will work
    04-21-11 09:38 AM

look at other threads, but basically..delete all your WiFi profiles via DM and the bridge will work
    I still get "Password is Incorrect." You had that message and got past it?
    04-21-11 02:10 PM
    no, sorry

since I did the wifi trick, the thing has been almost perfect
    04-21-11 02:13 PM
    I still get "Password is Incorrect." You had that message and got past it?
    I disabled the password on my BB and deleted the Bluetooth profiles from both the BB and PB, changed the BT descriptions to something new on both devices and then bridged them again and its working.
    04-22-11 07:13 PM
    i deleted all my wifi profiles and still same error/password problem?
    something more I should be doing than just deleted the profiles from my BB?
    04-22-11 11:24 PM
    i deleted all my wifi profiles and still same error/password problem?
    something more I should be doing than just deleted the profiles from my BB?
    You probably have an IT policy enabled from your BES and are thus out of luck.
    04-23-11 06:50 AM
    so finally got it to work, somewhat. after doing the suggested fix it wouldnt pair up for a while. kept deleting them on bb and pb and finally they pair up. (was trying both scanning bar code and manual pair). however, now my bridged browser doesn't even load anything.
    04-23-11 09:35 AM
    same thing happens to me, says password was incorrect and can't do anything further
    same here 9780 os6 and pb 1710
    04-26-11 11:23 AM

wifi profiles on bb? or pb
    04-26-11 11:26 AM
    A SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!

When the PB bridges, it takes all Wifi networks currently setup on the BB and brings them over. Somewhere in there, I must have a wifi profile that it does not like.

I went ahead and deleted the Wifi database on my BB, rebooted and voila!!!!

Give that a try and see what happens

edit: this now works with my blackberry password as well
    I've been carrying around an 8900 to "teach" my 9800 how to bridge since April 20th!

Thanks so much for the solution, I can carry one phone again.
    05-31-11 04:38 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD