hi i havent seen this prob anywhere on the forums before. so can sum1 pls let me knw if im the only1 with this wiered problem. well i have my torch (latest official os and bridge) bridged to my playbook. ever since the recent bridge update the browsing speed on bridge has been amazing!

But now comes the issue. I am not able to view any thing downloaded or saved over the bridge browser eg. if see an image on a website, press and hold on it and select save image. the image names appears in the downloads but when i click open all i see is a black 'broken file' image. also the image file is not under images folder. its like the file never gets saved to the pb. als same problem dl anything ie video, mp3 etc.

is there a prob with my pb only? downloading over bridge worked fine before the bridge upgrade but browsing speed was horrendous.

btw pb is running the latest os. tried reloding os on torch and pb and even did security wipe on pb bt still no joy

So ill really appreciate any input and if any1 is experiencing the same as me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-11 03:47 PM
    I'm not sure that I've saved anything with the Bridgebrowser but it might be saving to the BB phone. Also, I _THINK_ you may need to actually apply an appropriate file extension and not just filename. so abc.jpg, xyz.pdf.....
    06-12-11 05:53 PM
    just tried and same thing here so you are not the only one. I can see the file in the phone but it has 0 byte.
    06-12-11 06:37 PM
    The latest version of Bridge has some serious file attachment bugs You're not the only one.
    06-12-11 06:39 PM
    Thanks every1, at least now i know tha im not the only one facing this problem. I live in South Africa nad Wifi is almost as scarce as service delivery so i rely heavily on the bridge browser.

Lets hope an update to the bridge app comes soon that address' this and the other problems.

For now it seems i can enjoy browsing but not downloading.

Appreciate the help.

If any1 knows of a workaround or anything (shot inda dark ) pls let me know.

Thanks again.
    06-13-11 04:34 AM
    It seems that rim must have tweaked (out of existence!) the ability to save jpg files. I also could not open/save a pdf file. Yup - Rim needs to do some MORE fixing.
    06-13-11 09:25 AM
    The bridge browser has never worked for me. I have the latest OS and bridge. If I try to open it either hangs up with the progress bar at about 1/3 or I get the file save dialog. Additionally, after this occurs my bridge connection is messed up and I need to disconnect shut down bluetooth and reconnect to get the other bridge functionality running.
    06-13-11 10:04 AM
    I dont think the bridge browser was ever able to download stuff from the net at all. Correct me if i am wrong , but i believe that this never worked, though i have to agree i wish it was possible.
    06-13-11 10:08 AM
    I dont think the bridge browser was ever able to download stuff from the net at all. Correct me if i am wrong , but i believe that this never worked, though i have to agree i wish it was possible.
    I downloaded a pot load of mp3's this morning while on 1.0.3 and since I have updated it shows the download and its progress but the file is saved nowhere... It is not on my phone either.
    06-13-11 10:14 AM
    it was def possible to download over bridge before the bridge / os update. @hush 9300 ive been looking for the downloads to no avail too. they really need to fix it asap.

06-13-11 04:05 PM
    The Bridge on the phone is fine because it worked while I was on OS 1.0.3. It is the latest 2 OS builds I believe to be the problem and it needs to be rectified ASAP. I can't download my PDF's from SugarSync with this and have to resort to using my phone.

Unless RIM is doing this to satisfy the carriers...
    06-13-11 04:27 PM
    Hi. new update 1.0.6.2390 this morning. still not 100% tho. Can anyone please confirm that this download issue over bridge browser is still not working? Maybe do i need to do a security wipe. didnt help in the past.

thanks all.

Last edited by zuluboi; 06-21-11 at 01:53 AM.
    06-21-11 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD