I just got my Playbook, works awesome! I connected it to my Curve 9300 through bridging and everything is working fine except the Bridge Browser.
    When I type in a web page address in the Bridge Browser on the Playbook, it loads 1/4 of the way and then a popup window asks me to type a "File name" and "Save To". When I do (or cancel) nothing happens and I get a blank screen with "No Title".
    My Browser on the Curve 9300 is working fine.
    Please help!
    05-23-11 01:26 AM
    Have you done a reset of your Playbook to see if that corrects it? (hold down the up/down volume and power button until t begins to restart)
    05-23-11 01:28 AM
    Just tried the reset on the Playbook, the Bridge reconnected and everything is fine except the Bridge Browser, still the same problem!
    05-23-11 02:19 AM
    Looks like others are having a similar problem. I am looking to see if anyone has found a solution yet or if it is an OS matter.
    Last edited by Zach7; 05-23-11 at 02:29 AM.
    aym24 likes this.
    05-23-11 02:26 AM
    There is what appears to be a common issue if you are using BES that prevents bridge browsing from the PlayBook; could that be this issue?
    aym24 likes this.
    05-23-11 05:05 AM
    I am using BES, the Curve 9300 is my office mobile.
    Is it confirmed that the BES is the problem?
    If so, is there a solution?
    05-23-11 05:20 AM
    I think many of us are having the same issues. I'm not on BES but have that problem. The first page loads but after that I cant do much. It appears that the browser is working for some. If you look at the menu of the bridge app on your phone you should see all the allowed services. If the browser is in there then its probably not a BES issue. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    05-23-11 05:56 AM
    I can't get a single page to load. I get "Error 403" every time.
    05-23-11 08:28 AM
    Mine is working but I do occasionally get the 403 error.

I have it bridged to my Verizon Bold/9650 using OS5.xxxx

I was just cruising a number of sites and while it is not the fastest browser in the west, it was working.
    05-23-11 10:30 AM
    Mine is working but I do occasionally get the 403 error.

I have it bridged to my Verizon Bold/9650 using OS5.xxxx

I was just cruising a number of sites and while it is not the fastest browser in the west, it was working.
    I would describe it as painfully slow!
    05-23-11 10:37 AM
    Check to see you have most recent bridge app for your phone and os. Maybe that'll help.
    05-23-11 06:02 PM
    I've seen that unless your BES server has MDS enabled you will have this problem with the Bridge Browser. I'm on BIS so mine works fine. You may have to talk to your system admin or have to wait for some future updates to resolve this.
    aym24 likes this.
    05-23-11 06:11 PM
    im having same issues. i just bought the playbook, updated to latest os and bbm via bridge is quite slow and internet does not work
    05-23-11 08:49 PM
    Reset pb, reset bb phone, delete wifi conn, and re add connection. If still slow, use something else. Maybe android phones on data plan. This bridge is 64kbps dial up.
    05-23-11 09:31 PM
    Mine also works reasonably well with my 9650. Is it possible that some phones just work better than others?
    05-23-11 09:46 PM
    Its the os, os 5 or more. But it may help to reinstall bridge, turn off both pb and bb, and restart, re connect etc. Similar chicken dance people used to do for palm battery drain back then, which is basically playing around. Its better than doing nothing. Dont forget to turn off flash and images.
    Also check on bluetooth setting on your bb. Few things to look at. Also bb browser setting.
    05-23-11 09:50 PM
    I've seen that unless your BES server has MDS enabled you will have this problem with the Bridge Browser. I'm on BIS so mine works fine. You may have to talk to your system admin or have to wait for some future updates to resolve this.
    Thanks for the info, I connected my wife's blackberry (Bold 9700 using OS 6) through the Bridge; she's NOT on BES and everything worked just fine including the Bridge Browser.

As for me (Curve 9300 using OS 5 on BES), all Bridge functions work except the Bridge Browser (as mentioned in the beginning of the thread). I've tried the whole delete, restart, reset, re-install runaround and still the Bridge Browser doesn't work. I'll see if my Administrator will update my OS from 5 to 6 and I'll try again.

If anyone has further info and a better solution - please please let me know!
    05-24-11 12:35 AM
    FIX HEre

unable to link ..........cut and paste reason for editing below
    Last edited by PdxCag; 05-24-11 at 01:31 AM. Reason: http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/bridge-fix-rim-608081/
    05-24-11 01:21 AM
    Tried this a number of times to the letter, it didnt work... i wondering if it is a BES issue???
    05-24-11 07:39 AM
    Most probably. Bridge on bis works fine.
    05-24-11 07:55 AM
    Tried this a number of times to the letter, it didnt work... i wondering if it is a BES issue???
    I am running on BIS and the bridge browser is way too slow. It takes over
    3 minutes to load cnn.com if it loads at all. Then you cant go to any other
    webpage after that.

This seems to be an issue with BIS and BES alike.

Tim
    05-24-11 08:34 AM
    i have a Torch which is awesome for browsing but with the Bridge, the browser sucks on the Playbook. Virtually useless - back to the iPad.
    05-26-11 08:44 AM
    i have a Torch which is awesome for browsing but with the Bridge, the browser sucks on the Playbook. Virtually useless - back to the iPad.
    hehe typical eh? but bridge browser is only a bonus, a free of charge browsing without additional data plan. need tethering or carry a mifi so can browse while off wifi. but true, pb browser as a whole is slow. i resort to mobile browsing while bridging. turn off flash images and javascript.
    cool isnt it mobile browsing
    05-26-11 08:57 AM
    Ya. The bridge browser is real slow. I tend to switch over to tethered if I want to use the browser to look up anything. Luckly my plan includes tethering so the data is the same either way.

The bridge browser does seem to be a problem for anyone on BES. Everything else works fine but the browser fails. Maybe a future update will fix this since the bridge is supposed to just mirror the phone in its functions.

05-26-11 09:26 AM
    My Bridge Browser worked fine UNTIL, my broadband died for several hours one day. I thought, "here's a chance to use my Playbook browser through it's connection to my Bold 9700" since my 3G connection on the BB was working. Nope. I started getting the save file message for any page I tried to open. Isn't the Bridge Browser supposed to be going through the BB's 3G connection? And NOT my WiFi connection to broadband? I am using the OTA Bridge pairing since my BB goes through AT&T. Does this mean that AT&T is blocking functionality?

Again, when my WiFi/Broadband was up, Bridge Browser worked fine. When the only connection to the internet was through the BB Bridge (i.e., no broadband), the PlayBook's Bridge Browser would not work.

And I was counting on having net access through the PlayBook when I was away from home, as long as I had a 3G signal for my Bold. Now I can't rely on that. (I'm not on BES.)
    06-03-11 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD