On Rogers and upgraded. Bridge browser icon is gone but I can still browse through the regular browser when my wifi is turned off. I know some people were venting in other threads.

All appears in order.
    02-20-12 09:26 PM
    On Rogers and upgraded. Bridge browser icon is gone but I can still browse through the regular browser when my wifi is turned off. I know some people were venting in other threads.

All appears in order.
    Awesome Find Thanks!! Someone should make a sticky for this because people are freaking out all over!! I am on AT&T and my "Bridge Browser" was gone after the update. As you suggested, I turned off WiFi and then opened the browser and am Browsing through my phone with no issues. I am actually getting a faster and better connection than I was before!!

Thanks!!
    02-20-12 09:38 PM
    Yea, I was a little worried about that after I downloaded and noticed it missing. Apparently, its no longer needed.
    02-20-12 09:39 PM
    It hasnt been needed for months now. I for one have never once used the bridge browser.
    02-20-12 11:22 PM
    I use it often to stream sirius or for you tube while using the other for browsing. I hope it comes back for us BIS users.
    02-20-12 11:32 PM
    Mine is still there. It's still needed for BES users and also people bridging with 2G connections.
    02-20-12 11:35 PM
    download simplebrowser or securebrowser from app world and you can still stream in the background. Also, if you shut wifi off you will be using your bridge bis connection anyway while surfing the web so no difference there really.
    02-20-12 11:35 PM
    Being talked about here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...g-la-t-700466/

btw only works if wifi is turned off...if it's turned on but does not have a wifi connection it doesn't work.
    02-20-12 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD