Playbook setup went off without a hitch, and all is functioning as I hoped with the exception of no bridge browser. I see the default web browser and it functions just fine on wifi, and I have the bridge connection with my 9650 working too (email, tasks, contacts, etc...). Should I have a separate icon in the bridge tab for the bridge browser?

BB 9650 - Cellular South (CDMA) - 6.0 Bundle 2333 - BES activated

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    04-29-11 01:41 PM
    Yes, it should be there labelled "Bridge Browser". Mine works fine on my BB Storm2 on Verizon.
    04-29-11 01:52 PM
    Any suggestions as to what the problem may be or where to start the troubleshooting?
    04-29-11 02:20 PM
    I don't have the Bridge Browser Icon either.

When I wiped my phone and reinstalled OS6, it appeared and the Browser kind of worked (just slow like everyone else). After I enterprised activated the BB, the Icon went away and the browser will not work. I think I have no icon because my IT department blocks internet through BES and the Bridge Browser as it is ony works through BES, no BIS.

Try this: Disable wifi on the playbook. Go to an e-mail that has an internet link and try to click on the link. The brower that will open will be the Bridge Browser. My guess is that, like me, you will get a "forbidden" "403" error.
    robg706 likes this.
    04-29-11 02:27 PM
    Bridge browser doesn't work on BES I think.
    04-29-11 02:28 PM
    Bridge browser doesn't work on BES I think.
    I think that it does if your IT department has it set up so that you can get internet access through BES (with MDS). My department has it set up so that internet access is solely through BIS. This is good because I would rather that m internet traffic not go through work servers. But, this is also bad because Browser Bridge does not work.
    04-29-11 02:37 PM
    I don't have the Bridge Browser Icon either.

When I wiped my phone and reinstalled OS6, it appeared and the Browser kind of worked (just slow like everyone else). After I enterprised activated the BB, the Icon went away and the browser will not work. I think I have no icon because my IT department blocks internet through BES and the Bridge Browser as it is ony works through BES, no BIS.

Try this: Disable wifi on the playbook. Go to an e-mail that has an internet link and try to click on the link. The brower that will open will be the Bridge Browser. My guess is that, like me, you will get a "forbidden" "403" error.
    lawguyman, I followed your instructions and came to the same conclusion - 403. Guess I have to take it up with the IT department.
    04-29-11 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD