Not sure how to phrase this but, here goes. I picked up my PB two weeks ago and did all the updates, both my 9800 and pb have all current apps updated and am using all beta zone updates as well. Up until a few minutes ago my bridge browser had a yellow! and if opened would tell me I needed a tethering plan, however now it has no yellow! and connects to any web site and yes wireless is turned off just to be sure it was using the bridge connection. Might just be something flucky (sp), but really worked nice:
    08-04-11 06:18 PM
    Use the Bridge app from the OTA. If you're with at&t dont use the one from app world as its the crippled version.
    08-04-11 06:21 PM
    Reread my post I have it set up with the app world version of the bridge and it did not work until today and I have not done anything. It just became usable for no apparent reason
    08-04-11 06:25 PM
    i have att and my bridge browser always worked. you should be fine. lil hint if you blackberry reads "modem mode" then you are teathering with AT&T. you will get that everytime your teathering so if you pbone does not say that then what they dont know hurt them.
    08-04-11 06:34 PM
    When all else fails, pull battery on 9800, shutdown playbook. Restart all. Works like a charm.
    08-04-11 06:51 PM
    People, reread his post. He's not saying that it's not working. He's saying it is working.

That's weird. If you don't have a tethering plan and your bridge is working now, I'd check your account to make sure they didn't add it without you knowing it :X
    mrbjr likes this.
    08-04-11 06:58 PM
    Thanks LewLew23 for your suggestion and just checked my account and no tethering added, have the old unlimited still.. Very weird as the only thing I updated was the BB news feeds...I'm happy but confused
    08-04-11 07:19 PM
    Thanks LewLew23 for your suggestion and just checked my account and no tethering added, have the old unlimited still.. Very weird as the only thing I updated was the BB news feeds...I'm happy but confused
    mrbjr being bridged would not provide a connection to the news app. I would check the options menu and check and see if the internet tether menu is showing an active connection. if there is one I'm betting you will be see an additional charge in your next billing cycle.
    08-04-11 07:24 PM
    I personally wouldn't risk using the at&t bridge (I understand that its currently working for you) at the cost of perhaps losing my grandfathered Unlimited data plan. It'll be a pain in the backside, if they remove it and you're put on a new data plans.
    08-04-11 07:33 PM
    My reference to the news app was only to show that I did nothing to justify the change. Nothing on my phone is indicating a modem or tethering connection.. Also my data plan shows nothing different and I will continue to check it though...
    08-04-11 07:35 PM
    interesting if you want to see if you can mess it up again. uninstall the bridge from the 9800 restart the phone and reinstall. if bridge browser gets blocked you can always download ota version. for all at&t users i hope they unblocked it, but i highly doubt it.
    08-04-11 07:36 PM
    interesting if you want to see if you can mess it up again. uninstall the bridge from the 9800 restart the phone and reinstall. if bridge browser gets blocked you can always download ota version. for all at&t users i hope they unblocked it, but i highly doubt it.
    I hope they unblocked it too so I don't have to use the ota version next update. But I doubt it :/

But yeah I would just keep an eye on your bill. You never know what might happen.
    08-04-11 08:02 PM
    WARNING. at&t is removing the unlimited data plan status from anyone that is using "unauthorized tethering." I fear that may include the non BB World bridge as it allows internet browsing from the bridge.

I just wanted to be sure everyone was aware.
    08-04-11 08:58 PM
    Seen that "blurb" last night as well. I was really only wondering why the Browser Bridge suddenly started to work for no apparent reason.

Conspiracy Theory: They unblocked it so I would start using it so they could get me off my " Grandfathered Unlimited Plan "
    08-05-11 09:05 AM
    Wow I didn't know there was so many issues with the att carriers, I'm glad I got t-mobile mine works perfect

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-11 10:20 AM
    WARNING. at&t is removing the unlimited data plan status from anyone that is using "unauthorized tethering." I fear that may include the non BB World bridge as it allows internet browsing from the bridge.

I just wanted to be sure everyone was aware.

I believe they have to send you a letter telling you to stop first. that is what they did to Jailbroke iphone users.

Wow I didn't know there was so many issues with the att carriers, I'm glad I got t-mobile mine works perfect

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hahahaha for now it works.
    08-05-11 10:42 AM
    Well I just turned it on and am back to the yellow box!, oh well, probably just as well
    08-05-11 11:01 AM
    Just download the OTA version of Bridge and use that. It works fine and as far as I know there is no way for AT&T to tell if you are using the bridge or just your phone.
    08-05-11 11:32 AM
    so i think this att crap is stupid. is there a difference between using the browser on the phone or over the bridge. it would be no different then if your bb phone had a av out jack and u pluged it into a tv. att is trying to get over on people.
    08-05-11 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD