View Poll Results: Does your Bridge Browser work?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

23 31.08%
  • No

11 14.86%
  • Yes but very very very slow

40 54.05%
    I know a lot of people have problems and I'm one of them that can't get it to work! But then again I see a few people that have it working. I'm just wondering what the percentage is?
    04-26-11 02:22 PM
    Yes it was great! I was just using it as i was walking to the parking deck on campus and when i went out of wifi range i went to the bridge browser as i was preparing for an internship interview i had at two today. It was awesome, loaded the salesforce website i was researching no problem.
    04-26-11 02:48 PM
    I'm on ATT. Apparently it is disabled.
    04-26-11 08:04 PM
    i have two BBs and use my workberry to tether for browsing. bridge browser is useless in my opinion on a device with the browsing capabilities of the PB
    04-26-11 08:13 PM
    Bridge browser works for me (barely). Unfortunately, its so slow it is unusable

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 08:25 PM
    Do you think that the provider might be the main reason for this to happen?
    04-26-11 10:26 PM
    I emailed tech support....this is what i got back. (didn't work tho)

For your issue in regards to the Bridge Browser, I would try clearing the cache for both your Bridge Browser on your PlayBook as well as the browser on your Bold.

To clear the cache on your Bridge Browser, with the application open swipe from the upper bezel or frame towards the bottom of the tablet. This will show you a menu with an 'Options' icon with a gear symbol. Once this is opened, go in to 'Privacy & Security', scroll to the button, and click on the 'clear all' button that should be available.

To clear the cache on your Bold with v6.0 device software, with the browser open press the BlackBerry Menu button (or the BlackBerry logo button) and open the options menu. Scroll to the bottom, and you will see a 'Clear Browsing Data' section. Make sure that all of the options are listed, and then click the 'clear now' button.

If you have further troubles, please call us for further assistance.

If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us either by replying to this message or by calling us at one of the numbers below.
    04-27-11 07:53 PM
    I actually tried using the bridge browser on the train home for the first time today, admittedly I was only browsing craigslist, but it was certainly no worse than browsing on my 9800, maybe a little faster, it was hard to tell... but the screen size really helped
    04-27-11 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD