So, I'm on the new os2.0.0.4869, bbm6.1.0.25 and bridge1.0.7.4.

So my problem is that whenever I try to open up bbm, itll load, then crash.

I have no problems with any of other bridge applications, and I've tried searching, but no new posts come up. I do have a password on my phone, but I've tried removing it and reconnecting the bridge and bbm will still crash.

Is there any ideas why it isn't working, or if there's any solution other than wiping and restoring the pb?
    11-23-11 01:41 AM
    So, I'm on the new os2.0.0.4869, bbm6.1.0.25 and bridge1.0.7.4.

So my problem is that whenever I try to open up bbm, itll load, then crash.

I have no problems with any of other bridge applications, and I've tried searching, but no new posts come up. I do have a password on my phone, but I've tried removing it and reconnecting the bridge and bbm will still crash.

Is there any ideas why it isn't working, or if there's any solution other than wiping and restoring the pb?
    I'm having the exact same issue. But unfortunately don't know how to fix it.
    02-24-12 02:21 PM
    For me a reboot fixed it unfortunately, but it doesn't work for everyone i have read.
    You could backup your device, wipe it and re-update your OS2 software just to check if it works.
    A clean wipe can do wonders, to be safe you should update it with DM or just have a SOLID wifi connection while you update it.
    02-24-12 02:25 PM
    It took me over an hour and 2 BB's to figure this out for a user at my company. It didn't seem to be Playbook related as other BB's worked on that particular Playbook without issues.

I migrated the users data over to a new BB and found that it had the same issues! Lates OS, latest version of BBM and Bridge.

The only thing I could think of is that it's something in the users data. I looked at the list of BBM Contacts this user had and found a number of entries with really odd characters. Stuff like "_~@Princess@~_" but with even stranger characters not in the english alphabet. On the BB, I edited these contacts profiles and changed their display names to something plain text and re-tested. It worked!

I presume these fonts/characters that the Playbook can't display is what is causing the BBM crashing.
    02-24-12 04:48 PM
    not only playbooks, androids and even my ps3 would sometimes have trouble with odd characters.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-24-12 04:50 PM
    Same as above, editing some names made it work for me
    03-02-12 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD