Im a major fan of the recent update to bridge that allowed the playbook to use phone data. I do however pay for an additional 6 gig data tether plan with Bell Canada. I just like not having to tether which i think is a hassle (would be nice if it got fixed sometime soon). for basic browsing it works fine and the speeds are comparable.

For the first time since that update the bridge data connection is giving me errors. "your blackberry smart phone is unable to establish a connection to the destination server". I tried to use the browser on my phone and oddly it gave me a connection error. Told me to contact my network admin. So i did a hard reset and same thing. So i tried tethered my playbook and that worked fine. Actually im posting this now from my playbook while tethered. The bridge browser still gives me that error.

Could bell be trying to work on a way to block the bridge data connection or have i just witnessed some routine maintainence on bells networks? Odd phone browser never worked yet when i tethered it was fine.

Update: as expected phone browser and bridge data have returned to normal
    Last edited by Guyzer; 09-19-11 at 05:15 AM.
    09-19-11 04:54 AM
    I also experienced this and doing a battery pull on the phone seems to have solved the problem. you shouldn't have problems accessing sites on the playbook when you can access them on your phone.
    09-19-11 05:05 AM
    I had this last night when my desktop computer was busy grabbing a tv show. I turned off wifi on my phone so that it could only use 3g and then BridgeBrowser worked. Or, at least, that seems to have solved the issue - coincidence?
    09-19-11 08:56 AM
    Wow that thread title had me thinking something completely differnet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-11 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD