My sister is thinking of changing her cell provider to Straight Talk, since she can get unlimited talk, text and data (throttled down at 2.5 GB) for $45 per month. They offer a BlackBerry Curve 9310C for $49.00 that I'm thinking of recommending to her. Now I've read on this forum that Straight Talk blocks bridge on this phone, but I've also read that this block can be overcome by installing the bridge app from rroyy.com. However, I've only seen one person make this claim, and I'd like to be absolutely certain that Straight Talk's bridge block can be bypassed. So my question is, does anyone have actual experience doing this with Straight Talk or with any other cell provider that blocks bridge access? Second, are there any ramifications from doing this, and third, what is the process of installing the bridge app from rroyy.com- is it similar to sideloading on the playbook? I may have additional questions depending on the answers I get to the above questions. Also note that I asked this in the Curve 9310 forum, but that forum seems to be basically a wasteland and I've gotten no responses there.
    11-30-13 10:29 PM
    I know I don't, but maybe one of the other Ambassadors do. Let me go and ask them!
    12-01-13 08:23 AM
    My sister is thinking of changing her cell provider to Straight Talk, since she can get unlimited talk, text and data (throttled down at 2.5 GB) for $45 per month. They offer a BlackBerry Curve 9310C for $49.00 that I'm thinking of recommending to her. Now I've read on this forum that Straight Talk blocks bridge on this phone, but I've also read that this block can be overcome by installing the bridge app from rroyy.com. However, I've only seen one person make this claim, and I'd like to be absolutely certain that Straight Talk's bridge block can be bypassed. So my question is, does anyone have actual experience doing this with Straight Talk or with any other cell provider that blocks bridge access? Second, are there any ramifications from doing this, and third, what is the process of installing the bridge app from rroyy.com- is it similar to sideloading on the playbook? I may have additional questions depending on the answers I get to the above questions. Also note that I asked this in the Curve 9310 forum, but that forum seems to be basically a wasteland and I've gotten no responses there.
    I couldn't find anything on your carrier, but I found this thread for AT&T. Not certain how pertinent it would be in your case, but it gives some info.

Per the thread, you need to go to rrroy.com from your device. There is always the possibility that the company realises what you're doing and disables it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-phone-708004/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...idge-t-870257/

It's a gamble.
    12-01-13 08:45 AM
    I don't know if it works on straight talk. Might have to mess with the e-screen.
    12-01-13 09:33 AM
    I used to have a 9810 on at&t and they block bridge. I used the bridge app from rroyy.com and it works perfectly.

On a side note for those that have bb10 and carriers block, if you have bridge installed. First delete bridge then turn off the phone and remove the sim card. Turn the phone back on and download bridge from app world. Turn off phone reinsert sim card. Never update bridge while sim card is installed.

Enjoy

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    12-01-13 10:00 AM
    I too think the app from RROY will work (it's the same app everybody in not that greedy carriers get), but since my carrier is not that greedy (they never blocked bridge) I can't test and give you a 100% sure reply.
    12-01-13 11:25 AM
    So my question is, does anyone have actual experience doing this with Straight Talk or with any other cell provider that blocks bridge access? Second, are there any ramifications from doing this, and third, what is the process of installing the bridge app from rroyy.com- is it similar to sideloading on the playbook?
    I can't speak for straight Talk but I have been using the bridge app from rroyy.com with ATT since the PB was released. No issues for me.
    The bridge app only gets installed on the phone. No modifications to the PB necessary.
    You have to visit the Site from the phone browser, find the version that matches the phone OS version and click the link. After that it is no different then installing any other app on BBOS.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-01-13 11:40 AM
    Second, are there any ramifications from doing this, and third, what is the process of installing the bridge app from rroyy.com- is it similar to sideloading on the playbook?
    It's an OTA download. Nothing to be converned with.
    12-01-13 11:52 AM