OK, for some reason I didn't get the notification for the Bridge 1.0.5.6 upgrade until last night, after upgrading to AppWorld 3.0. When I try installing it on my 9650 I get several errors so I cancel the installation.

The errors I get are truncated at the beginning so I can't see the whole error text.

This is what I get

"net_rim_bb_bridge." which is also used by "Blackberry Bridge." If you proceed, "Blackberry Bridge" may not function properly. Proceed? Yes/No
    I clicked "Yes" and then I got

"net_rim_bb_bridge_api." which is also used by "Blackberry Bridge." If you proceed, "Blackberry Bridge" may not function properly. Proceed? Yes/No
    Since there are 13 modules for Bridge, again I clicked "Yes" and then I got

"net_rim_bb_bridge_backup." which is also used by "Blackberry Bridge." If you proceed, "Blackberry Bridge" may not function properly. Proceed? Yes/No
    This time I clicked "No" to cancel the installation.

I currently have Bridge 1.0.4.9 installed, and am running OS 6.0 Bundle 2333 (6.0.0.524, Platform 4.4.0.438)

Another "funny thing." When I look into Application Management, I see two entries for Bridge 1.0.4.9
    09-09-11 07:21 AM
    Have you tried uninstalling/deleting bridge, reboot and installing the new bridge?
    Barefoot_Kevin likes this.
    09-09-11 08:33 AM
    OK, that worked. But after I deleted 1.0.4.9 I couldn't download it from AppWorld. Had to chase around the forum here to find the OTA. After that, installed fine and paired automatically.

Thanks
    09-09-11 09:35 AM
    Well< thanks a lot for the information< I didn't even know that we have a new version of the bridge.
    Can someone tell us what is new? Why nobody has mentioned yet?
    09-09-11 10:31 AM
    Well< thanks a lot for the information< I didn't even know that we have a new version of the bridge.
    Can someone tell us what is new? Why nobody has mentioned yet?
    What version do you have? 1.0.5.6 is the latest and has been out for a little while now. It improves the bridge and now you can use the wifi browser while bridged and some 3rd party apps work where before they needed wifi.
    09-09-11 10:48 AM
    I was actually able to use the "non-bridge specific" apps with 1.0.4.9. I believe the capability was added in the latest PB OS release. Not sure what the improvements in the 1.0.5.6 release are.
    09-09-11 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD