So it turns out RIM sent me a brand new playbook and guess what! The power button is actually raised this time!! (and no, its actually raised without the help of my case). I got a brand new one because my last one had battery issues as well as the HDMI and charging ports were loose so they just sent me a new one. So happy I no longer have to struggle with the power button. And now I'm hoping the battery life on this one is great too (for the third time) and all will be fine .
    Last edited by luqman24; 12-16-11 at 11:00 AM.
    12-16-11 09:45 AM
    cool welcome again
    luqman24 likes this.
    12-16-11 09:52 AM
    So it turns out RIM sent me a brand new playbook and guess what! The power button is actually raised this time!! (and no, its actually raised without the help of my case). I got a brand new one because my last one had battery issues as well as the HDMI and charging ports were loose so they just sent me a new one. So happy I no longer have to struggle with the power button. And now I'm hoping the battery life on this one is great too (for the third time) and all will be fine .
    They say third time is the charm.... good luck, and hope you get to enjoy the PB to the fullest without any problems
    luqman24 and lissa777 like this.
    12-16-11 10:19 AM
    A raised power button!? The arthritis foundation will be glad about this!
    luqman24 likes this.
    12-16-11 10:28 AM
    Same thing here. I needed to press hard using the tip of a pen to use the power button on my first playbook.

When I exchanged the first one for several bad pixels, the new unit had a raised power button that worked with a light press of my *finger* of all things. Love it.

There is very clearly an issue with the power button on many playbooks. Those that say there are no issues likely got non-defective units and are assuming that people are being too picky.
    12-16-11 10:33 AM
    This too is refreshing, 2 bad PB's, and happy with the 3rd...that's loyalty.
    12-16-11 10:51 AM
    Oh no! Bad news..found my first problem. When I connect to desktop manager and intalled the drivers, its saying "Unknown Device". Tried rebooting both my PC, Playbook, and DM several times but that didn't help. Anyone know how to fix this??
    12-16-11 10:59 AM
    I use a Mac so my input might not be that helpful- but make sure that you have the latest version of the Desktop manager also- old version might cause some problems.
    I am sure someone with more experience using PC-PB will pitch in

P.S.: Also try to switch off both the Bluetooth connection and the Wifi, and then connect it to the PC, that has somehow mysteriously solved this issue for some , make sure you have file sharing 'on' for the PB.
    Last edited by anindoc; 12-16-11 at 11:49 AM.
    luqman24 likes this.
    12-16-11 11:41 AM
    P.S.: Also try to switch off both the Bluetooth connection and the Wifi, and then connect it to the PC, that has somehow mysteriously solved this issue for some , make sure you have file sharing 'on' for the PB.
    Wow this actually worked!! Thanks for that suggestion genius!!
    anindoc likes this.
    12-16-11 11:54 AM
    Wow this actually worked!! Thanks for that suggestion genius!!
    Glad to help... I learnt it all here at CB.... so thanks to everyone
    12-16-11 11:57 AM
    love it when PlayBooks make people happy.
    12-16-11 12:12 PM
    Good to hear that your PB worked. Worth it to cycle through 2 bad PB to get a good one. I am on my second PB as my first one became a brick, black screen with blinking lights, will not switch on and will not charge

To raise the power button even further, I used the otter-box and the outer silicon case has a reasonably sized raised "nipple" on top that pressed on the power switch below which makes switching on an off a breeze for me
    12-16-11 12:23 PM
    Yeah, I'm glad too....for a moment there, I thought I would have to eat my words.
    12-16-11 01:09 PM
    Just got my first of two PB's ordered directly from blackberry.com The cancellations and reinstated orders didn't bother me. Knew they would eventually would come. Have had my original one several months purchased for $249 from Staples.
    Noticed two things 1.the power button is noticeably raised 2. the product upc panel is in Spanish with a region designation listed as Latin America.
    12-16-11 06:45 PM
    got my playbaby that my boyfriend got me for christmas.....now we both have one and hei cant torture me anymore mine came today.....
    D_Whatley likes this.
    12-16-11 08:03 PM
    Congratulations. The video chat works well.
    I couldn't get mine away from my wife and had to buy another. Guess who gets the new one. It wasn't me.
    lissa777 likes this.
    12-16-11 08:10 PM
    got my playbaby that my boyfriend got me for christmas.....now we both have one and hei cant torture me anymore mine came today.....
    lissa777 getting her pb this morning!
    12-16-11 10:11 PM
    Keep those smiles and feel good happiness feelings above all else. Nothing warms this old heart like hearing about people being happy. Congrats happy peoples.
    ThePoisonBerry and luqman24 like this.
    12-16-11 10:15 PM
    You had to go through three to find one good PB? That sounds like RIM has a serious quality control problem, along with all the other problems attending the PB. It's always irritating when companies neglect quality control, thinking they can leave it to buyers to find the defects. Penny wise, pound foolish, as the saying goes.
    12-17-11 01:38 AM
    meh. my last 2 were from the first couple of batches so I wasnt too surprised about those issues. So far the battery life on this one is much better than what I was getting with the last 2. Im at 88% after 2.5 hours of moderate usage, pretty happy with that as of now.
    12-17-11 05:55 AM
    So far the battery life on this one is much better than what I was getting with the last 2. Im at 88% after 2.5 hours of moderate usage, pretty happy with that as of now.
    Yeah, battery charge seems to hold fairly well though as expected WiFi has an impact. From 100% to 89% charge after streaming two movies (almost 4 hours total time) using Movie Vault application. Based on these numbers a fully-charged BlackBerry PlayBook should allow almost 40 hours of streamed via WiFi movie watching though I wonder if battery drain is linear.
    12-17-11 06:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD