so i got the box app and the free 50 gigs. i heard people say there is 100mb limit so movies are out.

iam currenty uploading a movie thats 697 megs and so far its uploaded 120megs and counting. will it show error at the end or not be able to upload it?
    01-17-12 10:37 PM
    here the pic
    apg300 likes this.
    01-17-12 10:52 PM
    anyone out there?
    01-17-12 11:06 PM
    Hi,
    Not too sure about this but I remember the limit being at 25mb.
    Honestly because that has always been my assumption, I only upload smaller files.
    I'm curious to find out how it'll turn out with your upload.
    Please post results.
    Thanks!
    01-17-12 11:13 PM
    Hi,
    Not too sure about this but I remember the limit being at 25mb.
    Honestly because that has always been my assumption, I only upload smaller files.
    I'm curious to find out how it'll turn out with your upload.
    Please post results.
    Thanks!
    currently at 291 megs
    01-17-12 11:16 PM
    forgot.image
    01-17-12 11:18 PM
    Yes if you have the 50GB free account upgrade, the upload limit is 100MB. Attached is a screen print for my account. You can see it by logging into your account from the web, select account settings from the my account dropdown menu at the top and scroll to the bottom. If you want the 2GB upload limit, you have to upgrade to the business account at $15 a month. I think Box will error out the upload.
    01-18-12 01:15 AM
    Also... you don't seem to be able to stream media. If I'm wrong about this, please let me know how. I figured even with the upload limit, it'd be a great cloud solution for music. But I can't find a way to just stream music, instead of downloading to my PB first. :-(
    01-18-12 02:48 AM
    currently at 291 megs
    Hey croanthony, that's great!
    so were you able to upload the entire thing?
    01-18-12 03:35 AM
    Also... you don't seem to be able to stream media. If I'm wrong about this, please let me know how. I figured even with the upload limit, it'd be a great cloud solution for music. But I can't find a way to just stream music, instead of downloading to my PB first. :-(
    How about using Grooveshark instead? I figure if you want to listen to streaming music, Grooveshark has a wide collection that you can listen to. That way, you won't need to worry about uploading, and also be limited to your own music collection. Moreso, you can use your 50gb Box account for something else.
    I'm quite new to Grooveshark, so I don't know if there's a limit of some sort. all i know so far is that it's free because of the ads.
    Hope this helps with your streaming concern.
    01-18-12 03:43 AM
    How about using Grooveshark instead? I figure if you want to listen to streaming music, Grooveshark has a wide collection that you can listen to. That way, you won't need to worry about uploading, and also be limited to your own music collection. Moreso, you can use your 50gb Box account for something else.
    I'm quite new to Grooveshark, so I don't know if there's a limit of some sort. all i know so far is that it's free because of the ads.
    Hope this helps with your streaming concern.
    I'm honestly not sure what Grooveshark is about. I have ~20GB of my own self-ripped mp3's. I use Pandora for random, ad-supported "radio" listening. My self-signed .apk works great for that.

What I'd like, is somewhere to upload all my own mp3's and stream them from the cloud at will - preferably with playlists. If I can do it with videos, even better! Box doesn't come close.
    01-18-12 03:54 AM
    Listening to Day Sleeper on Grooveshark now. I didn't know that service even existed. Question is... Is it legal? All those songs, streaming for free?...

Loving it anyway. Works a heck lot better than MyMusicCloud...
    01-18-12 07:56 AM
    I'm honestly not sure what Grooveshark is about. I have ~20GB of my own self-ripped mp3's. I use Pandora for random, ad-supported "radio" listening. My self-signed .apk works great for that.

What I'd like, is somewhere to upload all my own mp3's and stream them from the cloud at will - preferably with playlists. If I can do it with videos, even better! Box doesn't come close.
    Have you tried Google Music?
    01-18-12 09:16 AM
    Maybe Box "beamed him up" along with his overly large video!
    01-18-12 10:58 AM
    ive been using grooveshark for a while now. about 2 years. its legal.
    on the thread subject, ive just dl'ed Box. Ive been having issues using dropbox with any of my devices. Im hoping this one will suffice. and 50gb should be enough for me.
    Sergag likes this.
    01-18-12 11:50 AM
    currently at 291 megs
    So, did you manage to upload the whole thing?
    01-18-12 01:56 PM
    I have done a 145mb file before to box. it appeared to upload fine. when it finished there was nothing. I even tried refreshing it. it may look like it is, but my guess it will not be there when you finish
    01-18-12 02:05 PM
    ive been using grooveshark for a while now. about 2 years. its legal.
    on the thread subject, ive just dl'ed Box. Ive been having issues using dropbox with any of my devices. Im hoping this one will suffice. and 50gb should be enough for me.
    Grooveshark is not legal. Every major label has filed a lawsuit against it. That's also why it's been removed from the Apple App store.

Further reading here if you're interested:

http://www.thecmuwebsite.com/?s=grooveshark
    01-18-12 02:17 PM
    I uploaded all my music to amazons cloud reader. I have unlimited space (because I have prime I think) and can make whatever playlists I want. They do give you a certain amount of free space just not sure how much. I have found amazon much cheaper than itunes and when you do buy it puts a copy in your cloud as well as on your computer in your itunes library. When I want to listen, I just go to the website. Hope this helps.
    01-18-12 02:48 PM
    On the issue of music streaming, all my music is uploaded to Mecanto...MeCanto - Listen to your music collection on the web and your mobile phone

There seems to be no upload limit and I've had my account for some months now and no one has yet asked me to pay for a subscription. When they do, I'm not concerned as their subscription rate seems to be $20 per year. At any rate, it's working well for me.
    01-18-12 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD