A newbie here who bought on the bargain sale prices. Purchased a 16gb PB a couple of weeks ago for evaluation purposes for work. Like what I see (definitely like the carrier end around that is the Bridge Browser) and just ordered a 64gb PB. Plan on passing the 16gb PB to my boss for his use; planning on doing a security wipe beforehand which I'm assuming brings PB back to factory preset condition (and unlinked on my BB account). Did purchase a few apps from App World on my account; would like to move these to the new PB. Do these migrate with my account when I set up the new PB, or anything else I should be aware of with switching?
    12-07-11 08:52 AM
    I believe all you do is register the new pb using the same BBID and apps you've purchased will be available for downloading again.
    12-07-11 09:59 AM
    Create a backup of your 16g and restore to your new PB. Your apps should remain in app world for download.
    12-07-11 10:05 AM
    You may want to do the debrick instead of or after the security wipe. In the past, the security wipe removed the demo video and possibly other things such as the links for some applications.
    Chaddface likes this.
    12-07-11 10:13 AM
    I actually used the Device Switch Wizard in BBDM... The only things i had to re-do were the Browser Desktop Shortcuts that i had created and I had to re-download about 4 of my apps... Other than that, data and everthing else including the rest of my apps came over just fine...
    12-07-11 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD