I noticed my Blackberry Playbook 64gb is taking a little over 6 mins to boot up. I also noticed that the floating bubbles rotate twice. After the first go around I notice my laptop picks it up through USB but the bubbles start over again before turning on. When I first got my Playbook it turned on in no time but now it's taking way to long. I know a lot of you guys keep it on and I'm starting to do that but at times I have to restart for whatever reason and the wait time can be annoying. Any suggestions?

OS 2.0.1.358

Another problem Im having is uninstalling sideloaded apps from the playbook. This just started happening recently. It goes through the whole process and freezes at the action part. I downloaded the settings app and uninstalled with that but the icon for the uninstalled app remains on the playbook. When I click the icon it says loading please wait. It stays like that for a while. Is there a way I can backup all my apps along with Audio/ebooks, pictures well everything so I can do a security wipe? I want my playbook the way it use to be
    Last edited by MrsLaLaa; 07-30-12 at 11:33 AM.
    07-30-12 11:09 AM
    I have not timed the boot up so I don't know how close yours might be...

But, one thing that has been known to cause either a Delayed Boot or possibly No boot is placing ALL FOLDERS in the Favorites or top Dock on the home screen. That's the row if 5 icons that always shows if an app is not filling the entire screen.

How full is your 64 pb?
    07-30-12 11:37 AM
    It's pretty full. About 18gb remaning. I was thinking that might be the problem but it should be able to handle the used gigs. I have alot of Ebooks and audio books on it as well as songs.
    Applications: 223
    Music: 883
    Videos: 16
    Pictures: 230
    Documents: 3
    07-30-12 12:15 PM
    I don't have the patience or attention span to actually time the bootup. When I've fired up a timer, I lose track of it and don't remember to keep looking at the pb during the process. (old age, I guess).

I don't think it is overloaded. I've got tons more photos and videos. You do have more apps.

apps 189
    music 920
    videos 88
    pics 3800
    docs 139

Free Storage 10.6 gigs
    MrsLaLaa likes this.
    07-30-12 12:56 PM
    Is there a way I can backup all my apps along with Audio/ebooks, pictures well everything so I can do a security wipe? I want my playbook the way it use to be
    Just plug it to Desktop Software and ask for a full Backup. All your content, apps and settings will be stored and ready to be loaded back after a wipe. On that note, I personally prefer a "debrick" just so I don't lose the stock video/pics.
    MrsLaLaa likes this.
    07-30-12 12:56 PM
    Call RIM for support.

They will most likely say...it's normal.

Mine takes about 5 mins.
    07-30-12 01:00 PM
    BACK....

I set my pb up on an easel besides my computer monitor. I could not really not see it!

I used the Battery Icon RESTART button.

From that point on it took 4:46 minutes. I noted that it took 52 seconds of that time for the Red led to shows signs of life. So a bit under 4 minutes after the red led turned on.

I don't believe that rim has revealed exactly what kind of housekeeping or security checks it does during the boot up process. Is it checking Android apps? Checking or rebuilding its file indexes?
    MrsLaLaa likes this.
    07-30-12 01:06 PM
    My Playbook is acting so laggy now. It has been happening for a couple of days now. Not sure whats causing it. It is not acting right at all. Its acting like an old desktop computer right about now. I think a security wipe is the best. I wish it was another way around it though
    07-30-12 01:26 PM
    Why are you rebooting so much? Only have to restart mine every month or so. I just leave it in stand by the rest of the time.
    07-30-12 05:55 PM
    Why are you rebooting so much? Only have to restart mine every month or so. I just leave it in stand by the rest of the time.
    Hello Gatmyer, Are reading this forum I decided not to power it down every night. I was treating it like a laptop or desktop. I will put it in stand by mode for now on. I deleted a bunch of stuff off my playbook today and it's running a little better.
    07-30-12 06:37 PM
    Hello Gatmyer, Are reading this forum I decided not to power it down every night. I was treating it like a laptop or desktop. I will put it in stand by mode for now on. I deleted a bunch of stuff off my playbook today and it's running a little better.
    Don't know about you but I never reboot my laptop or desktop either (unless there's some critical update, like Windows 8).

My phone is always on (instant on).
    My laptop and tablet live in Standby (0-1 second on).
    My desktop lives in Hibernate (5 second on).
    MrsLaLaa likes this.
    07-30-12 06:46 PM
    Don't know about you but I never reboot my laptop or desktop either (unless there's some critical update, like Windows 8).

My phone is always on (instant on).
    My laptop and tablet live in Standby (0-1 second on).
    My desktop lives in Hibernate (5 second on).
    Wasting energy much?
    07-30-12 06:53 PM
    My wifi 16gb pb not set up to side load android, basically stock reboots in 3 minutes and 20 seconds.
    MrsLaLaa likes this.
    07-30-12 07:10 PM
    Wasting energy much?
    what? are you the energy police...much?
    07-30-12 07:56 PM
    I can't believe no one has mentioned on here that these playbooks take forever to load from a full shut down its normal...which is why no one shuts them down its normal that it takes long to load even my bloody torch 9860 takes forever to load, ALSO these playbooks and the QNX OS is meant to stay on for long periods of time so don't keep shutting it down...now if your still having trouble with it then I suggest a full security swipe and MAYBE even 2 just to clear out the bugs, mind you it prob. wont take 2 wipes...and if that doesn't help then I suggest calling blackberry to send it in...good luck and dont give up, I've had mine for over 6 months and not ONE trouble
    MrsLaLaa likes this.
    07-30-12 08:03 PM
    Wasting energy much?
    No. Using it.
    07-30-12 08:04 PM
    Thanks everyone. I'm going to use stand by mode. If the lagging continues them I will do a security wipe. Youtube is even lagging well all online videos.
    07-30-12 11:05 PM
    Thanks everyone. I'm going to use stand by mode. If the lagging continues them I will do a security wipe. Youtube is even lagging well all online videos.
    I noticed the YouTube lag as well, it only happens whenever my available RAM is under 200MB though and have more than 4 tabs open along with 2 other apps but it should be able to handle that without any lag.
    07-30-12 11:55 PM
    I noticed the YouTube lag as well, it only happens whenever my available RAM is under 200MB though and have more than 4 tabs open along with 2 other apps but it should be able to handle that without any lag.
    It buffers alot. How do you free up RAM?
    08-01-12 07:20 PM
    You ever hear about the tale in which a guy goes to the doctor and complains
    that his head hurts when he hits it with a hammer ? His doctor tells him to
    stop doing that.

You got to quit rebooting so often that 6 minutes means so much to you. Begin
    by stopping all weird activity with your PB. Doc Neutron
    08-01-12 08:37 PM
    It buffers alot. How do you free up RAM?
    Oh buffering has to do more with your Internet speed than RAM, the slower the connection the more the video buffers. And to free up RAM, you'll have to close what u aren't using which is what I always do but all you will end up with about 400-500MB because the OS takes up the rest. Hope this helps
    MrsLaLaa likes this.
    08-01-12 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD