Playbook stooped booting up. I've tried all manner of resetting using the buttons.
    When I plug in the charger the red led comes on solid for about 10 seconds, then a couple of seconds later it goes solid yellow for about 20 seconds, a little while later it attempts to boot. The BlackBerry PlayBook splash screen comes on for a 6.5 minutes then it just shuts off. Attempting to boot running from battery displays the splash screen for 1 minute then it shuts off. Odd there is such a time difference between booting with and without the charger.
    I thought maybe it was a charging issue so I cracked open the case, disconnected the battery and measured 3.775V at the battery terminals. So it looks like the battery is good.
    I connected to PC. When USB is connected red led comes on, desktop software starts, device driver installs. The software complains that it can't connect. When I select Update then Repair I am prompted for password which I enter. The led is green through the whole process. The software says version 2.1 bundle 1917 is available. It goes through downloading software update then moves to extracting device software then to loading system software, next shows complete then connecting to device. The led turns red for a few seconds, goes off then Playbook splash screen comes up. After about about a minute then it goes black and the boot never completes.
    Any thought on how I might resurrect my PlayBook?
    08-30-14 11:48 PM
    Is Your P.B. a 32G model ? If so,Don't waste your time with those Reseting and Disconnecting battery procedures you find on line.
    You need to replace the Battery.You can find OEM battery replacement in E-bay for under 20.00 USD.
    I just bought a Batch of Playbooks {As is} from an Electronics Liquidating company.
    The Playbooks are in excellent shape except for Battery and software upgrading issues.
    It took me a while trying to figure and troubleshooting this particular problem of PB not booting and shutting down.
    I lost some valuable time with most of these procedures you find on line and Blackberry Customer support would not even provide me with information unless I paid them.
    So i figured it out on my own. Hope this works for you which I'm sure it will.Stay in touch and let me know of your progress.
    Feel free to e-mail me.
    Peace and Luck!
    08-31-14 09:06 AM
    Thanks and Yep, it's the 32GB model. I'll order a replacement battery, It's worth a try.
    08-31-14 12:21 PM
    I'll order a replacement battery, It's worth a try.
    I'd hold off on that one until you get more responses. Maybe someone else will have other ideas. Was your battery holding a decent charge before you had your problems?
    08-31-14 01:49 PM
    Make sure it's charged. Keep it plugged in

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 01:51 PM
    I'd hold off on that one until you get more responses. Maybe someone else will have other ideas. Was your battery holding a decent charge before you had your problems?
    It was holding a charge before this issue. I have a charge dock on the way. I'll wait until I get it before deciding on whether to buy a battery and wait for more replies. thanks.
    08-31-14 02:26 PM
    Make sure it's charged. Keep it plugged in

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the reply,
    I've left it plugged in for days, still no boot to home screen.
    08-31-14 02:29 PM
    I remember plugging and unplugging my playbook for days when I completely ran down the battery. I gave up finally . Left it charging for a week without looking and viola. It was charged. But I had to turn it on. Anyway worth a shot. After that I never allowed it to completely drain the battery

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 02:47 PM
    I remember plugging and unplugging my playbook for days when I completely ran down the battery. I gave up finally . Left it charging for a week without looking and viola. It was charged. But I had to turn it on. Anyway worth a shot. After that I never allowed it to completely drain the battery

Posted via CB10
    I've done the plugging, unplugging, I've reset the device over and over. I've updated the OS nothing has helped. I can't do much else so I'll leave it plugged in and hope it comes back to life. The thing is the battery measures 3.7 volts with my volt meter which should be a full charge yet it still won't boot.
    08-31-14 03:35 PM
    I remember one other thing if you haven't tried. Plug playbook into a pc usb with blackberry desk manager installed on pc. The pc recognizes the playbook and hopefully the playbook prompt comes up. I remember now thats how I woke up my playbook. Worth a try if you haven't done already. I think the playbook ask you if you want to sync

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 04:51 PM
    Oh I just saw you already tried this.good luck

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 04:55 PM
    In case it means something, After trying to load the OS, when the PlayBook goes dark, the backlight remains on. The red LED doesn't come on when replugging the charger, until I shut down by holding the power button for 10 seconds. Then plugging in the charger lights the red LED for 10 seconds, then green for 20 seconds, a little while later the PlayBook tries to boot by itself but never gets past the splash screen.
    09-01-14 07:36 AM
    In case it means something, After trying to load the OS, when the PlayBook goes dark, the backlight remains on. The red LED doesn't come on when replugging the charger, until I shut down by holding the power button for 10 seconds. Then plugging in the charger lights the red LED for 10 seconds, then green for 20 seconds, a little while later the PlayBook tries to boot by itself but never gets past the splash screen.
    What it means is,The Battery has enough current to get to that point but not enough to boot the unit.
    The procedure that I use to diagnose and make a positive money-wise determination on replacing the battery is logically simple.I charge the PB. using a rapid charger for at least 5 Hours,then I test the battery using a Volt meter.In most cases of a Bad battery, it never holds the charge.If the battery does not hold charge the unit will Never Power Up!!
    You can Power up the PB without a Battery but I do not recommend if you do not have the proper Power supply and a PB motherboard improvised Fixture.
    09-01-14 03:06 PM
    Thanks Masterherm, the more I play with this the more it seems battery or charging circuit related.
    A new twist, After the OS failed to load and the backlight was stuck on, I left it unplugged until the backlight went off. This time when I plugged the charger in the red led came on for 10 seconds then the red low battery icon came on, no led. A few seconds later the solid yellow led came on and stayed on for only a few seconds, a minute later it attempted to boot itself but failed.
    09-01-14 07:08 PM
    Here's an update:
    Received the PB charge dock. Tried stack charging for 4 hours with no joy. Left on charger dock overnight, no joy.
    Current symptoms:
    Place on dock, solid red led for 5 seconds, red battery icon appears on screen for 20 seconds, solid green led for 5 seconds, No led nothing on display for a minute then the PB attempts to self boot. It doesn't boot successfully and the backlight remains on.
    PB does nothing when off the charger and power is pressed anymore.
    Not sure if I should keep throwing money at it and try a new battery or not.
    09-12-14 06:17 AM
    I have a 32gb model doing the exact same thing, when it tries to boot up it looks like it's going to work nicely and then the green charging light appears and a few seconds later it shuts off but the green charging light stays on. I have a working 16gb model so I am seriously considering taking the battery out of that and seeing if that gets it going.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 04:47 PM
    The green charging led shuts off after 5 seconds on mine.
    09-12-14 05:00 PM
    I'm pretty sure there is more wrong with this PB than just a bad battery. I took it apart again and measured the voltage. It was 3.08v. I disconnected the battery and put a charger and voltmeter across the battery terminals and let it charge for a few hours until the battery voltage read over 3.7v. After reconnecting the battery to the mainboard the PB responds exactly the same.
    09-13-14 05:24 AM
    OK I have an update, I opened up my fully charged working 16 GB Playbook, and place the 32 GB motherboard in it, well low and behold it is working. A couple of small problems, the red light is now permanently on for some reason and a can't seem to adjust the brightness but aside from that is working.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-16-14 09:36 PM
    And when I put the 16gb motherboard into the 32gb battery it's playing up in the same way. I think I will be buying a new battery.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-16-14 10:15 PM