(also posted in Bold 9700 forum)

Yesterday, I updated my Playbook to the official OS2 (from the beta 2.0.0.7111) and the Blackberry Bridge to version 2.0.0.25.

When I start the remote feature for the Playbook, my non-touchscreen Bold 9700 is not able to move the mouse around the screen. The mouse shows up, but is stuck at the bottom of the screen and will only move side to side. If I click the trackpad, it will pull up the keyboard or the menu, depending on where the mouse is located. If I hold down the 'alt' key and track down, the mouse will move up, but it will not move side-to-side or down.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I've already tried removing and reinstalling Blackberry Bridge, both through App World and through the Playbook Bridge settings. I've tried deleting the connection between the devices and re-connecting.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    02-22-12 04:27 PM
    Sorry to hear -- hope the glitch is temporary. The function works perfectly on my 9700.
    02-22-12 04:32 PM
    Have you tried rebooting both devices? I've got a 9700 and the remote works fine.
    02-22-12 04:59 PM
    That is weird as mine is working perfectly as well. In fact i'm using it right now.
    02-22-12 05:09 PM
    What OS are you using on the 9700? Get the latest one and you should be fine,it works great with my 9700 its the first thing I did after I upgraded.
    02-22-12 05:46 PM
    Works fine on my 9700. I'm running os6.
    02-22-12 06:44 PM
    Darn,

My phone is running 6.0 Bundle 2921.

Good to know it is working on others. I've tried multiple reboots, battery pulls, uninstall / reinstalls, but still no luck.

Possibly made some progress last night in that the remote no longer works at all... At least it's something. :-)

I'll try again tonight when I get home from work. Might resort to more drastic measures...

Thanks for your responses.
    02-23-12 04:37 PM
    Ok. Security wipe of the Playbook and the remote is functioning now (using now).

So... Time to start reinstalling apps and back to work on completing three stars in Angry Birds.
    02-23-12 09:33 PM
    This might be a little off topic but does the bridge work without a SIM card? I ask because I have a theory to use a bb device as just a remote for my playbook for presentations, etc. I love my song Ericsson and don't want to feel restricted into using a BB device as my everyday phone. Give me a shout if this seems plausible.

-I apologize if can't help with your situation, but just as a computer has glitches, a phone would too. You might want to check your specs with a coworker and possible read up on your warranty if it seems to be going down that path.

V/R,

-Rusch

*Correction just saw your last post, glad you got it working.*
    Last edited by Knolam; 03-12-12 at 11:28 PM.
    03-12-12 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD