has anyone used their boingo account with the playbook? im heading to europe tomorrow and need to know if i should add the mobile plan of if im covered under the europe plus laptop plan. there is obviously no app yet so hopefully the web login portal will work. im going to test it out at ord tomorrow so i can post my findings if others are interested.
    04-24-11 01:10 PM
    Hi there,

I work for Boingo and can help you with your questions about our service.

You're right that we don't yet have an app for the BB Playbook, but you should be able to login via the browser in Boingo hotspots, as well as partner roaming locations.

The Europe Plus plan is for laptop connectivity. I recommend that you add the Boingo Mobile plan for $7.95 for access on your Playbook during your Europe trip. You can cancel the subscription anytime.

Are you based in North America? If so, once you're back, you may want to consider our Boingo Combo plan for laptop and mobile connectivity in the Americas. Access is unlimited: Boingo Combo Plans | One Account, Multiple Device Wi-Fi Plans.

Feel free to email me directly should you have additional questions.

Best,
    Baochi Nguyen
    [email protected]
    04-25-11 04:19 PM
    Hi, I'd like to correct one detail: if you are using the PlayBook browser to login, then only a Boingo Unlimited (laptop) account will work since we don't yet have a mobile app.

Again, please reach out to me if you need more details and help: [email protected].

Best,
    Baochi
    04-27-11 05:43 PM
    i am at midway airport in chicago using Boingo right now so it does work in the US at least. security in the pb didn't like their certificate but after clicking through those messages, it has worked well
    04-27-11 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD