Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry User

Default Re: Which Blutooth headset should I buy?

Quote Originally Posted by bokyo102 View Post
    Plantronics Backbeat 903+
    I literally got the above headset yesterday and works a dream on both handset and PB...tad fiddly to get on at first but gettin easier...spose its just gettin the knack right
    Which Blutooth headset should I buy?-uploadfromtaptalk1357317097759.jpg
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #52  

Quote Originally Posted by johnfenno View Post
    I literally got the above headset yesterday and works a dream on both handset and PB...tad fiddly to get on at first but gettin easier...spose its just gettin the knack right
    Nice looking set.

But does the mike work with the PB? To test, try making a voice recording using the PB Voice Note app.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by kwelamnp View Post
    Nice looking set.

But does the mike work with the PB? To test, try making a voice recording using the PB Voice Note app.
    just done a quick test. put PB on stairs closed doors and tried the mic...sadly after playback it appears that mic doesn't work as the recording was hissy and only faint voice heard
    Thanked by 2:
    DrBoomBotz (01-04-2013),  kwelamnp (01-04-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #54  

Thanks for doing test. It seems that is normal for most headsets.

The puzzle is - why would a selected few Bluetooth headset mikes work when most do not?

The built in mike is quite sensitive. I put the PB in a closed drawer and it still picked up voice from outside, albeit quite faintly.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by kwelamnp View Post
    Thanks for doing test. It seems that is normal for most headsets.

The puzzle is - why would a selected few Bluetooth headset mikes work when most do not?

The built in mike is quite sensitive. I put the PB in a closed drawer and it still picked up voice from outside, albeit quite faintly.
    yes...I only just realised doin headset test that the PB mics quite sensitive...lot more than I realised...and, from further tests not actually bad quality....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts

Why not pick up something like the iKross bluetooth receiver (which I have). No bigger than a book of matches, and rechargeable. Then, you can hook any headphones, that you like, to them. I got the one with the minijack to RCA cable so I can hook it to my stereo, as well. I paid $28 from Amazon.ca
    CrackBerry User

Same with the STREET2 (except the RCA bit). It auto-connects seamlessly with my laptop and Android phone too.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by thecsman View Post
    RocketFish RF-MAB2. Hands-free, stereo headset, 4 DSP profiles, BB friendly, good battery life. $20 on ebay.
    t

I use these as well, great for the price. For the OP, got mine from a Canadian seller on ebay, check out ebay store Surplus Business Depot. That seller always has some headphones and great service, replaced a 2nd buy of the RF-MAB2 (defective) immediately for no charges.

I also have a Bose Soundlink speaker and the BlackBerry Music gateway for music and movie audio from my PB. The PlayBook has replaced much of my home stereo equipment, just need the reciever!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gwinegarden View Post
    Why not pick up something like the iKross bluetooth receiver (which I have). No bigger than a book of matches, and rechargeable. Then, you can hook any headphones, that you like, to them. I got the one with the minijack to RCA cable so I can hook it to my stereo, as well. I paid $28 from Amazon.ca
    That is exactly what my Meelectronics Air-Fi AF9 is, although it is much smaller than a book of matches.
    I paid $29.99 from newegg.ca. I see they are $34.99 now but that's still a good price. It comes with a fairly good set of headphones but can be connected any headset or speaker using a standard 3.5mm jack or adapter.

The iKross bluetooth receiver is one way, it does not work with microphones. As I said before though, the mic on the Air-Fi AF9 will not work with the Playbook but it does work on my BB Torch and iPod. You also have music controls with the Air-Fi AF9.
    Z30, Nexus 4, Kobo Arc 64GB, Playbook 16GB
    CrackBerry Abuser

Comwave will work from the US. You can call from anywhere as long as you have a Canadian Address.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts

I think you have the wrong thread.
    Z30, Nexus 4, Kobo Arc 64GB, Playbook 16GB
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123