Can anyone confirm if the if the beta OS 2.0 for the PB adds bluetooth services for A2DP stereo headphones? i love my PB, but my main reason for buying it was for media, and was greatly disappointed by bluetooth services included...it can't even connect with another Playbook.

i'm loving the Crackberry site/community,and appreciate any help i can get.

Cheers!
    12-08-11 05:58 PM
    I heard rumor it will be but there is nothing saying what will be or won't be included. If RIM were smart it would be.
    12-08-11 05:59 PM
    The beta does not include it but as kbz1960 said its supposed to be released at some point in the future (rumor until we see it).
    12-08-11 06:01 PM
    Thanks. Let's hope they do it soon. i still can't believe they left it out to start with.
    12-08-11 06:44 PM
    Thanks. Let's hope they do it soon. i still can't believe they left it out to start with.
    While it is hard to believe it is a new OS for them and the OS hasn't ever been used on a tablet or phone. Mostly imbedded systems.

They rushed it to market to get into the game and have run into snags. They had an idea that we all see wasn't what the masses wanted so they had to go back to the drawing board making more delays and snags.

I'm not sure but if I remember right the whole UI was based on adobe air and now with 2.0 it based on cascades and a TAT UI. Again not sure about this but I'm sure someone will correct me.

February will be interesting. It will either be the beginning of a resurrection or the end I'm afraid.
    12-08-11 06:56 PM
    Someone here at my office just brought in a Jambox. What a kick-*** device! Anyway, he had it connected to his iPad (of course) and I decided to try pairing the Playbook with it. It paired without any problems, but then wouldn't ever actually connect. I was VERY bummed out about it. I kind of figured since I haven't been successful getting my Jawbone Icon to work with the PB, that this wouldn't work either, but I had some hope. All I can do now, is hope that OS2 brings A2DP support and whole lot of other things...
    12-13-11 04:35 PM
    The beta doesn't include it as a usable feature, but there's code in the system for it, as there is with the USB host mode stuff that's been let out of the bag. We have every reason to think it will be in 2.0 release... except for all those reasons we have for not getting our hopes up to high...
    12-13-11 05:46 PM
    i personally feel like RIM is about to pull what microsoft did with their mango update. U dont wait almost a full year of pretty much adding nothing significant to only bring a couple updates come february. I believe OS2 will have a boatload of features. it better seeing as how us early playbook owners have been more than patient with RIM (remember "end of summer")
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-13-11 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD