Hi All,

1st post, 2nd day as member, long time reader

About 2 weeks ago my BB 9300 phone and my PlayBook 64GB stopped successfully connecting through Bluetooth; I can see about every 30 seconds they connect for fraction of a second, then drops.

On the PlayBook, under Buetooth Device Properties, the BB 9300 button Connect Device is greyed-out, so cannot force it; Services are A/V Remote Control, Internet Tethering and HID.
    On the 9300, under Buetooth Device Properties, the PlayBook has Trusted field set to Prompt; Services are A/V Remote Control Target, A/V Remote Control.

I have deleted the paired device on each one, rebooted, then paired up again, multiple times, but no successful connect. I checked device name and addresses in the properties on both devices, addresses agree on both.
    I have already searched forum and web for similar problems and fixes, no luck finding anything helpful yet.

Via Bluetooth, the 9300 still successfully connects to Motorola T305 Visor Handfree, Lenovo laptop and Rukus Solar boombox;
    also the PlayBook still successfully connects to Rukus Solar boombox, and to Lenovo laptop.

The 9300 is running 6.0 bundle 2342 (v6.0.0.526, platform 6.6.0.195), no recents changes, and the PlayBook 64GB is running OS 2.0.1.358, no recent changes.

Being unable to Bridge or Tether my 9300 and PlayBook is an extreme pain,
    any advice or help will be gratefully accepted, thanks in advance!
    07-19-12 03:31 PM
    I would say:
    Delete the pairs on the playbook and 9300 again.
    MAKE SURE there are NO turned on bluetooth devices an the area, apart from the playbook and the 9300 .
    Perform the pairing with the playbook and the 9300 again.

other devices with their blutooth turned on muddle up the process.

Good luck
    Hey Hoser likes this.
    07-19-12 05:36 PM
    Have you deleted the actual Bridge app from the phone, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted and tried that way. While also removing or unpairing on the pb.

Good luck
    07-19-12 05:44 PM
    Thank you both, but no luck yet.

It is difficult to determine which device is having or causing this lack of bluetooth connection.....

Will continue trying.............
    07-20-12 05:03 AM
    I had the same issue with my car when I set my 9900 to prompt and clicked no by accident. I could see the bluetooth symbols go from gray to white to gray about ever 2 seconds. Try to set it to trusted or yes on your 9930 and see if the problem goes away.
    Hey Hoser likes this.
    07-20-12 08:36 AM
    Back in business!!

Set the Trusted field to Silent, ran Bridge setup again, away from all other Bluetooth signals, and now is connecting automatically in all locations.

Not exactly sure what steps resolved, but back to loving the PB again!

Thanks to der_mit, F2 and Chadface for your help!
    07-21-12 06:43 AM
    Where does one find "trusted" as stated in earlier post?
    06-19-13 10:00 AM
    Where does one find "trusted" as stated in earlier post?
    06-19-13 10:07 AM
    I believe that Trusted is a setting on the phone - in other words TRUST the pb when adding it.

But what issue are you having?
    06-19-13 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD