So I just bluetoothed one playbook to another but can't see the advantage. Can't view pics or vids, can't listen to music, nor transfer files. Anybody?
    04-05-12 06:06 PM
    I don't think bt between pb's works. There is some app that allows pb to pb but I don't know if it uses bt or wifi. Maybe you can use an intermediary computer and show both pb's in explorer windows.
    04-05-12 08:46 PM
    Yes, I have done this before but that is not the picture I was trying to paint. What if we were to run into each other on the street each with our playbook and I had songs, vids, pics etc we wanted to share. You would think bt would be a solution. They see they speak they do the handshake and yet what's the point?

Is this another oversight or something they are holding back for the future?
    04-05-12 09:39 PM
    It is yet another limitation on this developing platform. Rim has not implemented a bt file transfer regime and no one knows why but that is just the way it is. You are definitely not the first to question it. And it does seem odd that you can pair two devices but not use that pairing.
    04-05-12 11:14 PM
    TAT's working with wifi and a camera.

RIM showcases meeting of the future using BlackBerry Playbook with software from TAT | MobileSyrup.com

BT thru bridge version would be nice. It would be secure but I wonder about speed.
    04-05-12 11:51 PM
    Any updates on this?

Even something from the rumor mill would be nice to hear...
    07-02-12 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD