My dad's Playbook and my Playbook doesn't seem to connect to my phone or anything via Bluetooth. However when I connect it via Internet Tethering, then all is fine. Is this a software flaw, or is the problem just limited to our Playbook?
    01-05-12 11:50 AM
    what kind of phone?
    01-05-12 11:54 AM
    The PB doesn't support A2DP at the moment. It should be here shortly with the release of the next OS.
    01-05-12 11:59 AM
    Have same issue with Torch 9850 (7.1 OS). It connected fine before upgrade to 7.1 Emailed Blackberry CS and they couldn't help. Just said to restart phone and Playbook. My wife's Style connects via Bluetooth just fine. But, can't do much w/o A2DP.
    01-05-12 12:07 PM
    is this why i cant transfer music or pictures from my style to my playbook? it fails every time.
    01-05-12 12:53 PM
    Have same issue with Torch 9850 (7.1 OS). It connected fine before upgrade to 7.1 Emailed Blackberry CS and they couldn't help. Just said to restart phone and Playbook. My wife's Style connects via Bluetooth just fine. But, can't do much w/o A2DP.
    I'm running the leaked 7.1 on the 9810 and have no issues with BT. I'm using the OS 2 beta; haven't tried 7.1 with the official PB OS.
    01-05-12 12:59 PM
    A2DP is merely an audio playback standard for playing STEREO/audio through bt headphones/speakers/etc. (there is also a standard for the original monoaural ear pieces that did not involve a2dp) It does not affect bt transfer between devices. Now Bridge works between a pb and a bbphone (with Bridge installed). But the pb does not support bt protocols or drivers that allow transfer between, say a computer and the pb using BT (send via bt/receive via bt) nor any other bt device or phone or even another pb.
    Last edited by F2; 01-05-12 at 04:10 PM.
    Chaddface likes this.
    01-05-12 02:15 PM
    is this why i cant transfer music or pictures from my style to my playbook? it fails every time.
    You may want to use a 3rd party app like files and folders to transfer files between phone and PB. It has lots of other functions and well worth the money in my opinion.
    Bisboxer likes this.
    01-05-12 02:28 PM
    It's between an Android phone...

I should try pairing and connecting my Playbook with my car...
    01-05-12 11:39 PM
    All you can do right now is tether via bluetooth with some non BB phones. Unless you are running OS2 beta, there is no A2DP support, so connecting to your car will do nothing.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-06-12 05:30 AM
    I have one of these: Logitech� Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth� audio devices

And cannot wait for OS 2.0 with A2DP! I currently use my phone to stream music to my home stereo but I would rather use the Playbook. Makes a great "remote" for web radio.

Monoprice has a cheaper unit that does about the same thing.
    01-06-12 10:15 AM
    My playbook won't let me bluetooth music from my phone they both pair but when you send playbook always fails is this a fault with playbook..
    03-19-13 09:04 AM
    My playbook won't let me bluetooth music from my phone they both pair but when you send playbook always fails is this a fault with playbook..
    If you are trying to transfer files via BT, the pb does not support the bt file transfer protocol. If the phone is a bbphone, you can use Bridge to move files between the units.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-19-13 11:22 AM
    If you are trying to transfer files via BT, the pb does not support the bt file transfer protocol. If the phone is a bbphone, you can use Bridge to move files between the units.
    Install box on both phone and pb via app world or whatever it's called now and transfer your files that way it's very good. When you want A2DP service you have to connect a BT headset. I have five such devices and I stream music to them whenever I'm out walking. Oh and drink brandy!
    03-19-13 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD