I just bought a Dynex bluetooth mouse. When I try to connect it to my PB it is found with no problem - even shows the name of the mouse - but when I click on it the PB asks for a code and nothing seems to work. I tried all of the usual suspects 0000,1111, ..., 9999, 1234 and it fails to pair. There is no code in the instructions or the support site. I even called customer support and they could not find any code lol.

So I then tried it with my laptop and it paired right away. Funny thing though, the laptop did not ask for any code.

Is there any way to get around the PB asking for a code? Is it possible there is no code in the mouse?

Any help or suggestions you could provide would be appreciated.
    09-10-11 07:49 PM
    Some BT mouses just do not work. I had to return a couple till I found one that did.
    09-11-11 06:27 AM
    Some BT mouses just do not work. I had to return a couple till I found one that did.
    Do you recall if you had to enter a code to get your working mouse to pair? Which one did you get working?
    09-12-11 10:52 AM
    This happened to me with the Apple Magic mouse. It prompted me for a code, in the instructions there was none, I just did a quick Google search to discover four zeros worked. Sorry to hear that doesn't work for you, hope you can find something that will.
    09-12-11 10:58 AM
    same thing here... I got the Logitech v470 and had to enter 0000 (four zeroes, not the alpha character "O" as in Oscar).

BTW, the scroll feature works using the wheel on the Logitech mouse but not on the Apple Magic Mouse where you have to use a 2-finger swipe on the surface of the apple mouse, but this gesture isn't recognized by the PB. Since the scroll function is so useful, I prefer to use a mouse with a scroll wheel rather than the gesture approach.
    09-12-11 12:04 PM
    did you check the instructions? Usually the code is there
    09-12-11 12:11 PM
    man do you not read the post you are replying to??? The OP clearly stated he couldn't find the code in the instructions or on their support website and even called their customer support. Sheesh.

When I got the apple mouse, I couldn't find the code till I did a google search. When I replaced it with the Logitech mouse, I just tried the same code and it worked.

Any useful ideas?
    09-12-11 12:16 PM
    Well, I was able to fiddle around and answer one of my questions. It still didn't work but this might help someone else.

Is there any way to get around the PB asking for a code?

sort of: when the box pops up to ask you for a code type a number then hit the x in the right side of the box. This allows you to click next with a blank string in the code field.

I think I am now ready to give up on this one...
    09-12-11 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD