ok i bought this after talking with the manufacturer and them tell me it should work fine. well i got it i charged it completely but it will randomly disconnect from my playbook. i only use it if i have to type alot or need to use excel at leisure. so i contacted the manufacturer again they said that it was the playbook not the keyboard.
    We think it�s probably because Blackberry�s Bluetooth firmware is not that mature yet, we do hear the same situation from Samsung Galaxy Tablet before, but after they release a new firmware to fix that, everything is fine. There is nothing we can do to fix the problem if the problem come from device side. We are really sorry we couldn�t help you on this issue.
    thats what they said. has anyone else had issues with there bluetooth keyboards. if not post your brand, i am trying to avoid apple by the way.
    05-13-11 08:30 PM
    I dont use it too often, more just as a remote control when watching a movie on the big screen, but I havent had any problems with this...

CandyBoard BlueTooth | VisionTek ATI/AMD Radeon Graphics Partner
    05-13-11 08:49 PM
    I have problems with my bluetooth keyboard and mouse. The Keyboard is an Apple bluetooth one and the mouse is HP. I've noticed that they'll connect more reliably when Wifi is disconnected. I had the same issue on my first PlayBook which had to be sent back to the retailer because of another fault.
    05-19-11 01:33 PM
    anyone used the freedom pro keyboard? I want to buy one for the PB and some people report that it lags when typing. That could be annoying :3
    05-19-11 01:36 PM
    Amazon.com: Handheld Mini Bluetooth HID Wireless Chicklet Keyboard with Mouse Control Combo for Media Center PC, Windows 7/Vista/XP, Apple iPad & Sony PS3: Electronics

Thats the one I have, and the connection resets every 1-2 minutes, pretty annoying, I have only used it a few times because of the connection issue.
    05-19-11 01:45 PM
    The FINAL 802.11n standard has technologies that improve coexistence with bluetooth, which was absent in the Draft standard.

So if your wireless router has a DRAFT 802.11n firmware --- you need to update the firmware of your wireless router.
    05-19-11 02:27 PM
    My Targus ipad keyboard works great with my PB. Highly recommend.

Amazon.com: Targus Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard for Apple iPad 16GB, 32GB, 64GB WiFi and WiFi + 3G, iPad 2 with Smart Keys AKB32US (Black): Electronics

EDIT: I take that back. It has lag issues.
    Last edited by rbenjamin; 05-26-11 at 10:12 AM.
    05-19-11 02:35 PM
    The FINAL 802.11n standard has technologies that improve coexistence with bluetooth, which was absent in the Draft standard.

So if your wireless router has a DRAFT 802.11n firmware --- you need to update the firmware of your wireless router.
    ill have to check it later but for now ill test it again in an area without wifi seeing that since thats were im going in 6.5 hrs :P. but since i posted this i've gotten used to using the on board. i was actually surprised someone resercted my thread.
    05-19-11 02:53 PM
    Ok.. I have an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard. It is already paired with a Mac Mini.. But I turn off the Mac Mini and recycle the power on the keyboard.. my Playbook discovers it but it won't pair with it.. This may be a dumb question but can the keyboard be paired with more than one device. And if so, any suggestions on how I could pair the Apple Keyboard with my PB?
    06-01-11 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD