- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
Bluetooth HID devices cause lag?
I have a problem with the PlayBook with using bluetooth keyboard and mouse:
When I connect my bluetooth mouse and keyboard, thw whole OS starts lagging and my net-download drops from > 1400 kbits down below 100 kbits.
If I use only mouse, the lags just occur when I move the mouse.
It seems that recieving any bluetooth signal causes massive lags for the whole system.
Has anyone experienced similar problems?
- CrackBerry Master
12-24-2012, 09:15 PM #2
- 1,105 Posts
This is not PlayBook-specific, but happens because BlueTooth and Wifi interfere with each other.
See this post:
Slow Internet Speed with Keyboard Mini?
Reconfiguring your Wifi router or access point to use a different 2.4ghz channel (one with less interference) or switching to 5ghz will probably help.
- 12-24-2012, 09:46 PM #3
The wifi/bluetooth "coexistence" problem is exacerbated by the fact that many people still have 802.11n draft routers with router firmware dating back to 2007.
In between 2007 when 802.11n draft 2.0 routers hit the market to Sept 2009 when the 802.11n spec was finalized --- the standards committee was still trying to solve the wifi/bluetooth coexistence problem.
Re: [802.19] 40MHz 802.11n Bluetooth Sim Pamameters
- By dosboxwasthestuff in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 04-29-2012, 09:09 AM
- By shunna79 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 09-10-2008, 08:34 PM
- By flchick75 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-07-2008, 08:32 PM
- By NJTrailDog in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 05-20-2008, 03:05 PM
- By pedrojqc in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 0Last Post: 03-06-2008, 12:08 PM